Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wormley and adolphus Washington. At least as the rumor went.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• One issue with turning away Pittman is M's competition is: OSU, ND, MSU. M could use 30 scholarships this year. I believe I read last year at this time M had only 4 verbals.

Comment

• Holy Cow, we really do need a lot more schollies:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• WoW! Sam Webb says there will be 26 in the class.

Comment

• Not unless we have some attrition. He must know something that nobody else does. Maybe there are some surprise departures about to happen.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• We are going to have to not renew some schollies for fifth year seniors to make that happen.

Comment

• Plenty of candidates.

Comment

• Yeah but that wouldn't be right because those guys have put in their hard work and they deserve to be part of the team even if they won't be playing much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    Plenty of candidates.
                    From the 2008 class? I'm not sure about that. The only guy who seems obvious to me is Terrence Robinson.

Cox, Barnum, Mealer, Khoury, Omameh, Roundtree, Moore, Floyd, Demens -- they might all be needed. Floyd is not a good CB, but I'll bet that he's at least on the three-deep somewhere. Cox -- big question mark. He could be the starter. He could be fifth string. I don't know. Brandon Moore will be the only upperclassman at tight end. I don't think that you can let him go unless Barnett blows you away as a true freshman and we move a guy over from defense who can contribute right away.

There is a lot of roster bloat right now. Unfortunately, most of these guys have at least a few years of eligibility left.

Comment

• No one is going to turn away Pittman, including Michigan

Comment

• I wouldn't mind if Stacey, Ringer, and Williams were encouraged to look elsewhere in search of more playing time --- might be better for them and better for our schollies situation.

There are probably a 6-10 players on the current roster who are dead weights and would benefit from moving on as well..... however, we have to fulfill our obligations to them.

Comment

• Rivals 3* ratings are starting to come out. All of the currently unranked players, other than Ojemudia, are 5.7 3* which is Rivals highest-ranked 3* prospects.

Most of them are very close to 4* ratings. Caleb Stacey, for example, is the 12th rated Offensive Guard prospect, but the top 10 are 4*.

Comment

• Just an FYI:

Mario Ojumedia also earned a 3* 5.7 rating tonight on Rivals.

Edit: Rivals has changed Mario's ranking to 3* 5.6 today.
                            Last edited by Michael Pitts; June 14, 2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Rivals ranked pretty much all of M's 3-stars very highly, most of them are on the verge of 4-star status and several of them are likely to get bumped up with a strong senior season...

I really dislike the 'star' rating system as imo sometimes a 3-star is really close to a 4-star but much, much superior to most other 3-stars... I tend to call recruits 'strong' 3-stars or middling 3-stars. M signed far too many of the latter in the '11 recruiting class, guys who imo are likely to be leapfrogged by recruits in the '12 recruiting class. I expect a lot of position switches and transfers from the '11 recruiting class after they get stuck behind guys with less eligibility on the depth chart.

Comment

• I believe we just missed out on Dodson OL last night to wisconsin?

Comment

Working...
                                X