Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all this talk of 5* Qbs... When was the last time we had one? Henson?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• By the end of the year, Barnum and Omameh weren't mediocre. They were downright pathetic, awful, and terrible. Unable to block anyone from any team. They got absolutely manhandled by Minnesota and Northwestern.
      Last edited by Hannibal; January 10, 2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        With all this talk of 5* Qbs... When was the last time we had one? Henson?
        Mallett. Henne before that.

For what it's worth, Denard was a 5* athlete to ESPN IIRC, and Gardner was a 5* on Scout.

Comment

• Those guys did seem to regress instead of improve, which is very alarming for the future.

Re next year, I'm going to assume that things will be better. So many drooling over Kalis can't be wrong. He's gonna be in there after having a year in the program. So that's one of the best LTs in the country, an experienced RT, a G prospect that's as good as prospects get who has redshirted. Seems between Braden, Fox, Bryant and the other redshirt frosh, and Jack Miller with some experience or maybe even Kugler if he's ready fast, that by the middle of conference play this line should be rounding into form nicely.

Comment

• hacks alarmed for the future, imagine that.

Comment

• When is Tremendous Recruiting coming back?

Comment

• Sam Webb feels that Michigan has a good shot with Samuelson. Distance may be a problem for Nebraska. We'll know by the 14th.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• that would suck for us
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I understand Deveon Smith had an awesome senior year ...I know Talent thought he was pretty mediocre. Is it a forgone conclusion that even if D Green were to come that he would beat out Smith?

Comment

• Not sure where I ever said Smith was mediocre. My only knock on Smith is that he plays against middling competition at best.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• IIRC Talent has said a few times ``don't forget about Smith'' over the past few months. If I have it right, we should expect a reliable 4ypc but not much big-play capability. That's fine! We need that. I don't see it as having Green or nothing.

Comment

• I haven't been able to find much of Smith's senior film(and honestly, haven't looked all that hard) but he's big and powerful and not blazing. I'll gladly take a 5 yard a pop guy who doesn't fumble and keeps the chains moving.

Comment

• Yeah, I think Smith has a lot of natural RB skills. He isn't going to camp off the charts, but you have to watch him play and get a sense for his vision. Clarett was the same way -- except he was as a natural a RB as I've ever seen. Just can't teach that sort of vision, quickness and footwork.

But that's Smith. Not a combine warrior; just a football player.

As for Howland, meh. The only player of significance I can remember from Howland is asstwat Bill Burke.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I hated Clarett, but the way he ran, the strength he had from the waist down, .. I wasn't looking forward to facing him another 3 seasons. Fortunately, he took care of that concern himself.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Not sure where I ever said Smith was mediocre. My only knock on Smith is that he plays against middling competition at best.
                                Any film I saw of him he was running through kids who weren't nearly as big as him. High school stats often count for very little.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X