No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA hammered NJ last night to take a stranglehold on the series, 3-0, next to impossible for the Devils at this point. It was wonderful to see "The Great One" again in LA drop the ceremonial puck, he is sorely missed.

Kovalchuk & Zach Periase are huge busts this final. The Devils captain is leaving millions on the table as an UFA this summer, he needed to lead his team and has not, expect interest in his services to precipitously drop. Wings would be wise to stay clear of him. As for Kovalchuk, a Russian floater as usual and simply a joke.

NJ has scored just 2 goals in 11 periods of hockey, including two overtime frames, DOA.

LA get ready for a Stanley Cup Parade.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• A win in Game 4 will send literally dozens of Kings fans into the streets to celebrate in their Kobe Bryant jerseys.

Comment

• 10 goals total in three games, with the losing team having only scored two of them. Sounds like a great series LMAO. I'll bet that poker tournament reruns on ESPN classic get better ratings.

Comment

• NJ hangs in there.

Comment

• Nice win for the Devils tonight. I didn't want to see LA celebrate at home.

Comment

• Don't you need fans to celebrate?

Comment

• If an LA player drops the Stanley Cup and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a noise?

Comment

• I'm sure when they get back to LA they'll have a rally in a downtown parking garage or something fitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    ... or something fitting.
                    Like an elevator?

Comment

• 15 year anniversary of this beauty!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx3hZ26BRmU"]McCarty goal-1997 Stanley Cup Finals (Game 4) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Shame about McCarty that he couldn't stay sober. Might have been a long term fan favorite like Maltby, but with more of a goal scoring touch.

Comment

• Funny you should bring his name up Mike. Looks as if he is trying to get his life back.

Darren McCarty and wife obtain restraining orders against former friends

By Associated Press, The Windsor Star June 6, 2012

PONTIAC, Mich. - Court records show retired NHL player Darren McCarty and his wife got personal protection orders against four former friends in suburban Detroit.
                          The Detroit News reports Wednesday that the veteran of 15 NHL seasons who won four Stanley Cups with the Red Wings claims harassment by the three women and one man. McCarty and his wife, Sheryl, say in court papers the four tried to draw McCarty back into a partying lifestyle.
                          McCarty, 39, told the newspaper he wants to be left alone. He says harassment has included death threats. The orders were granted last month in an Oakland County court.
                          One of the women denied the claims, but she couldn't comment further because of the orders.
                          McCarty spent 13 seasons with the Red Wings. He retired in 2009.

Comment

• "Come drink with me or I'll kill you"?

Comment

• NJ steals a second game as LA fails to clinch the series. Kings suddenly look vulnerable thanks to the stellar play of 40-year old Martin Brodeur and some lucky iron. Pressure is clearly on Johnathan Quick who suddenly looks mortal.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Quick has looked pathetic in the last two games.

Comment

Working...
                                X