No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Perry was back in the lineup. He served the last of his 4 game suspension against Chicago. On a side note, Wednesday's game against Chicago set the all-time attendance record for a Ducks game. Weird considering they've played Cup Finals games there. The guy next to me was really proud of that. I said "Congratulations on playing Chicago." Took the air right out of his balloon. Lol
    Last edited by Mike; March 23, 2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• And Abdelkader's goals were all beauties!

Last edited by Mike; March 23, 2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Yup. Nice goals. Thanks for the link.

Comment

• Pens are all in this year and it just got better for them. Picked up two "rent -a-players" Brenden Morrow & Doug Murray, most excellent.

Morrow waived his no trade-clause and the Dallas Star' Captain jumped at the opportunity to win a cup in Pittsburgh. Member of 2010 Gold medal wining team in Vancouver, can't believe Dallas just traded their Captain? Sucks to be a Stars' fan right now. Two-way powerforward, will play alongside Malkin & Neal creating tons of space, tenacious fore-checking and countless turnovers.

Next, Pens acquire giant 6' 4" , 250 lb shutdown D man Doug Murrary from San Jose, this guy will physically punish you. Will pair alongside Brooks Orpik..... apparently GM Fred Shero is still not done.

Pens, if possible just got even better....hello SCF!

Wings and Oilers in shootout over Western Michigan's Danny DeKeyser. 6'3", 200 lb D man, will forgo his senior year in college. Seems so odd to be entering the NHL at age 23...kid left a ton of money on the table but could be playing in the NHL by this Friday.

Detroit needs this guy BADLY, so do the "defenceless" Edmonton Oilers for that matter.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The Wings swept the two games in Anaheim, crushing the Ducks' 13 game home win streak. Then they followed up with a come from behind win at Phoenix. 5 straight road wins for the Wings now.

Comment

• They don't make easy on themselves Mike, Drop back-to-back against Columbus but sweep, Anaheim over the last few. 15 or so games left, all hands on deck!

Did you see the LA-Chicago game last night? Glad to see LA nip the Blackhawks at home but damn can Chicago ever move the puck on offense, wait until Pat Sharp is back in their lineup.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I did watch the Hawks game last night . Great game. Plus they'll get Hossa back soon along with Sharp.

Comment

• Pens -1
                  Habs - 0
                  FINAL

Crosby scores a beauty, as Pens win 13 straight. Malkin still on IR (shoulder).

"He's the best player in the world, so we got beat tonight by the best player in the world, by the perfect shot," Montreal coach Michel Therrien said.

[youtube]dZAJ_f3zcQ8[/youtube]

Comment

• A solid rule in life, and, of course, hockey. Never agree with a French-Canadien. ;-)

Comment

• Where have you been old buddy? 14 games left then playoffs, you ready?

Comment

• Tanned, rested, and ready, OP. Working in Bend, Oregon now. 80 hour weeks....ugh. No hockey interest at all here......sad fuckers.

Comment

• Wow, went to bed last night, Jarome Iginla is Calgary Flame, by morning he's a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins!

Looks like Crosby has his sniper winger again as they worked such magic in 2010 when they struck GOLD! In 7 games played, 5 goals, 2 assists against the toughest talent in the world.

At age 35, he's got another couple of Cup runs in him I bet. Perhaps most importantly Boston just got burnt bigtime, now they must sign Clowe from San Jose.

Crosby once again serving up those tasty saucer passes all day to Iggy, this time in the Stanley Cup Playoffs will be a thing of beauty.

Flames all-time lead scorer
                          1219 games played in NHL
                          529 goals scored
                          570 asists
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; March 28, 2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Pens GM, Ray Shero just acquired Murrow, Murray & now Iginla without surrendering a single player from their roster, brilliant!

I hope this modern-day Highwayman continues to elude the authorities.

The Calgary Flames got NOTHING for their best player, what were they thinking?

Comment

• Nearly forgot:

I'll take hockey immortality for $1000 Alex.

Question: Who setup who set up Crosby's gold medal winning goal in 2010!

Answer: Who is #12, Jarome Iginla of the Calgary Flames.

[youtube]F_koQujQ8Vg[/youtube]
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; March 28, 2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• I never get tired of watching that. What a great moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X