No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt Saddam Hussein (whom I miss) ever won 4 Stanley Cups over that period of time, either.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Solid win for Detroit tonight. The PP actually scored 3 times! I'm all for keeping the streak alive........You never know what can happen in the Playoffs.

Comment

• Wings Thump Phoenix, all but eliminating them from postseason, nice.

Other major news, Vancouver Crushes Blackhawks, 3-1 while securing NWD, Quenneville blasts Chicago, "It was the worst game of the year," Western Conference Final should be a dandy (provided LA cooperates).

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-the-year.html
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• And now playing the part of Cindy Crosby - let me introduce The Dog!
          Watch it to the end for Cindy's speech

[ame]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152755318550128[/ame]
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• It's basically a two horse race in the West now. Dallas isn't getting in, and Minnesota isn't dropping out. Detroit vs Columbus now.

Comment

• Tough match tonight against LA, coming off a loss to Minnesota and much to play for as they try to catch Vancouver in the West. In addition, Columbus is playing very well too.

Comment

• Wings may catch a break tonight if LA's captain Brown get suspended. He's meeting with Shanny of the NHL at this very moment. No penalty called on the play but the league is reviewing.

If the Wild's Pominville stops watching the puck instead of the Brown who is playing the puck while "defending himself" it never happens. Keep your headup always and play the puck carrier not the puck.

[youtube]_R-X_ko8Fm4[/youtube]
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 24, 2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Keep your headup always and play the puck carrier not the puck.
                  Scott Stevens taught quite a few forwards that lesson
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Huge boost for the Wings, Brown gets 2 games for Pominville's stupidity.

There's no doubt that Brown's elbow met Pominville's head. As others have said, Pominville came in low. Brown was bracing for the hit and he in no way changed his position. How can anybody expect a player who is about to be hit, while playing the puck, readjust himself to protect the other player? It's the hitting/attacking player's responsibility to ensure a safe contact. If you're stupid enough to put your head at the level of the defending player's elbow, then a potential concussion is your reward.

Comment

• Huge boost to get knocked out in round 1.

Comment

• The defending Stanley Cup Champion, LA Kings qualified for the playoffs last year after the 82nd and final game of the regular season, securing the 8th and last playoff berth in the West.

Get in, then get on a roll. First time the last seed has ever won the Cup.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 25, 2013, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Big win for Detroit tonight. Back in 8th place with 2 games to go. Solid effort, good goaltending....OP is correct. ANYTHING can happen if you get in.

Comment

• Yep, we were talking up there ^ in the Lions forum - remember a couple years back the top 4 teams all lost in the first round... just get in

Comment

• Defense has been stellar. Only 10 goals allowed in the past 8 games. They have only won three of those games, which tells you how shitty the offense has been.

Comment

• Wings clip the defending Cup Champs for 2 pts. They are in playoff, desperation-mode and if they hold serve over the last 2 games should be in, might catch Minnesota for 7th overall in the West.

No doubt Chicago watched that game last night and would much rather open up against Columbus IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X