Pittsburgh in 5
    Montreal in 6
    Capitals in 6
    Boston in 6
    Chicago in 4
    Detroit in 6
    Vancouver in 7
    LA in 6
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Get them in Gentlemen, not too late for anyone.

Eastern Conference Semifinals
      (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators

(4) Boston Bruins vs. (6) New York Rangers

Western Conference Semifinals
      (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (7) Detroit Red Wings

(5) Los Angeles Kings vs. (6) San Jose Sharks
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Pittsburgh Pens in 6
        NYR in 6
        Chicago BlackHawks in 5
        San Jose Sharks in 7

Comment

• Well that didn't take long and no surprise, the biggest playoff bust (again) is heading to Sweden to play in the B Tournament. Ovie is just not cutout for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, shameful and irrelevant.

Interesting Facts:

This is the latest seven-game gut punch for the Capitals during the Alex Ovechkin era. In the past six postseasons, Washington is 2-5 in winner-take-all games, 1-4 when that game is played at home.

In that same span, with the core of Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Mike Green, the Capitals have never advanced past the conference semifinals; this elimination marks the third time they've been booted from the first round.

This may be about the Capitals’ organizational meltdowns — they lost a 2-0 series lead for the fifth time since 1987 Monday night — for some of the die-hard, old loyalists. But it wasn't for Ovechkin, Backstrom and Green. It was actually worse because it was affirmed yet again they still don’t have whatever that missing ingredient is to get over the top in the postseason.

But what the three core Capitals players can’t write off is their shared history in May, the fact that three of the most gifted players in the NHL not only don’t have an Eastern Conference finals appearance between them, they've got two first-round-and-outs now in the past four years, this one by virtual knockout.

With Monday’s 5-0 loss to the Rangers in Game 7, Washington is now 2-5 in winner-take-all contests during the Ovechkin era.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 14, 2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• For shits and giggles, I added up the number of games that everyone was off by. So if you predicted Anaheim in 7, you would be off by one game, and if you predicted Vancouver in 4, you would be off by 7 games.

Me: 10
            OP: 11
            GJ: 13

Comment

• Honestly thought Van was off the radar this season and would make a serious run, I was obviously was wrong.

Ovie the "Grt8" BackChecker! Criminal.

Comment

• Green and Backstrom have been just as guilty of underperforming as Ovechkin. Especially Green. He has only 9 career playoff goals , which works out to a goal about once every 6.3 games. In the regular season since 2008, he has averaged a goal every 3.7 games.

Comment

• Penguins in 7
                  Bruins in 7
                  Kings in 6
                  Blackhawks in 5

Comment

• I agree Hanni, it's a team game but Obitchken is supposedly the Big Money Man, nothing further from the truth. For a few years, he was the most prolific goal scorer in the League.
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 14, 2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• I grew up with Bruce and Bud. No, not that bud, Rob.

Also, Foster Hewitt.

Comment

• and then TV came along
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Caddied behind Bud's foursome on Grosse Ile once. Impressive to watch his one armed drives.

Comment

• Foster Hewitt, Canadian Legend.

"He shoots, he scores!"

He was a champion boxer in his student years at U of T in Toronto.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 14, 2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Harry Neale and Bob Cole was a great team. Cole always called the Wings 'Detroyit'

Comment

• Danny Gallivan

[ame]http://youtu.be/YtkJQ836Rd0[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X