Clear All

• I missed the first round well here goes

Penguins in 5
    Bruins in 7
    Kings in 5
    Blackhawks in 6

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      Harry Neale and Bob Cole was a great team. Cole always called the Wings 'Detroyit'
      Yep! "The winged wheel sweaters from Detroyit are flying tonight!"

Comment

• Sens no match for Pens.....and Ottawa doesn't seem to be willing to give the effort that the Islanders did. This could be a short series..

Comment

• BTW......She was -1.

Comment

• She looked marvelous though.

Comment

• You boys should try some prune juice.

The Senators went 0 for 6 on the power play, gave up two power-play play goals to the Penguins on three chances, then surrendered a short-handed goal late in the third period. The Senators are just 1 for 17 with the man advantage against Pittsburgh this season. Vokoun is 13-1 in his past 14 starts.

No need to worry about Sid, has 10 goals, 27 points in 15 playoff games vs. Ottawa, and his average of 1.8 points a game vs. the Senators in the playoffs is higher than his 1.04 average against them in the regular season.

Kid will soon be busy adding some serious hardware to his collection.

Crosby previously was named a finalist for the Hart (League MVP –voted by Hockey Writers) and Ted Lindsay (Most Outstanding Player –voted by Players) & Masterton Trophy (is for perseverance, dedication and sportsmanship) awards.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• LOL

Wings and Horks tied 1-1 after 1. Datsyuk gettin' some serious lovin' from the studio guys on NBC Sports.

Cindy will win the Masterson trophy....deservedly so.

Comment

• Wings outclassed the rest of the way. 4-1 final. Is there a worse player in the NHL than brendan Smith? He looks clueless out there....completely lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by madootra View Post
                    LOL

Wings and Horks tied 1-1 after 1. Datsyuk gettin' some serious lovin' from the studio guys on NBC Sports.
                    That must be a new NHL Award, never heard if it? The Keith Jones, intermission filler plug.

Tough night for Dats, -1, No shots on goal, 8 lost faceoffs, 27 shifts, 2nd most ice time, rather Ovie like.

Madootra, is that what the "trophy" looks like? At least it comes in a cup... of sorts.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 15, 2013, 10:07 PM.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Yeah, Dats had a lousy 3rd period, no doubt.

See how easy it is to admit the obvious? You should grow up and try it some time.

Madootra, is that what the "trophy" looks like?

The Masterson? It is in Cindy's colors. As to "The Cup", Dats has nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

• Watched the game, truth of the matter is he actually played very well.

Merely pointing out your "Boxscore" folly.

Many times it says very little about the actual game on the ice. Dats and his linemates are on when Chicago scores the empty-netter a Howard was pulled fot the extra attacker.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 15, 2013, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• True, and many times it tells a detailed story. Overall, I think it's (Plus/Minus) the most important stat outside of scoring. Next, to me, for a Center would be face-off wins/losses. I understand you disagree......that's fine. Anecdotaly, the Wings struggled in the Playoffs for years....for many reasons. One of those reasons was Steve Yzerman dogging it defensively. When Scotty Bowman arrived, he called out Yzerman on it, and to his credit, he changed his game. He never sniffed 50 goals again, but he won several Cups. Crosby, as I've said before, is the most talented offensive player in the game, arguably. But he plays soft defensively quite often. And outside of the caricatures of him, some deserved....others not.....that's simply a fact. You can dismiss that, but it doesn't change it.

Comment

Wings outclassed the rest of the way. 4-1 final. Is there a worse player in the NHL than brendan Smith? He looks clueless out there....completely lost.
                            Why is Smith even out there? Is Ian White a healthy scratch? He couldn't possibly be worse.

Comment

True, and many times it tells a detailed story. Overall, I think it's (Plus/Minus) the most important stat outside of scoring. Next, to me, for a Center would be face-off wins/losses. I understand you disagree......that's fine. Anecdotaly, the Wings struggled in the Playoffs for years....for many reasons. One of those reasons was Steve Yzerman dogging it defensively. When Scotty Bowman arrived, he called out Yzerman on it, and to his credit, he changed his game. He never sniffed 50 goals again, but he won several Cups. Crosby, as I've said before, is the most talented offensive player in the game, arguably. But he plays soft defensively quite often. And outside of the caricatures of him, some deserved....others not.....that's simply a fact. You can dismiss that, but it doesn't change it.
                              IMHO what really turned it around for the Red Wings was they finally got guys who could actually score in the playoffs, like Brendan Shanahan, and the Russians finally started doing what it took to win. I do think that there is something legitimate about the wisdom of the 90s that the Russians didn't care as much about the Cup as the Northamericans. They didn't grow up worshipping it. That's not the case anymore, it seems.

Comment

• World Championship

Quarter FINAL

USA -8
                                Russia -3

United States dropped some serious hammers on the defending Champs. Alex Ovechkin-led, Ilya Kolvalchuk-led, Ilya Bryzgalov pulled, stunning collapse by the Russians.

I don't know Hanni, these guys seem to simply choke on both sides of the pond.

One of my Favs, World Jrs, Canada 6 , Russia 1, Final.

Ovechkin punished relentlessly by the Canadian forecheck, Ovie stopped playing the puck and you see why.

Not much wrong with Silver, I guess, another Gold for Crosby.

"Ovie you started the game with 2 arms, wtf?"

Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 17, 2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X