Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-1 Wings - Hawks starting to goon it up

Comment

• Excellent win. Beautiful Datsyuk goal.........an overall great game by him. And yes.......the Horks did goon it up. We're completely in their heads. Especially Bickell's, Shaw's, and Toews'.

Comment

• This was the first Wings game I've watched in a long time.

I wonder if Babcock is channeling Scotty Bowman.

Scotty was the best playoffs coach in the game. Maybe THE best ever. He had a knack for frustrating opponents, getting in their heads with excellent line shifts, mixing those lines up and basically surprising the hell out of most opposing coaches. That is exactly what happened tonight.

The Wings have done a good job of not allowing the kind of space the Hawks need to play their game. They've hustled to every puck, cut off emerging plays and generally been on top of whoever has the puck almost immediately.

They've definitely gotten in the Hawks heads but I don't expect the Hawks to quit. This series will go 7. Frankly, since just reading the recaps, I've been impressed with the Wings tenacity. I certainly did not think they'd advance past the first round given their seemingly pretty average end of season play.

Certainly, eyebrows are being raised.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I didn't think they'd get out of the First Round either. The fact that this series is shaping up the way it is, becomes icing on the cake. No matter what.....this post season has been a success. You can see the kids getting more confidence every shift. Shift-by-shift......:-D

Comment

• He had a knack for frustrating opponents, getting in their heads with excellent line shifts, mixing those lines up and basically surprising the hell out of most opposing coaches.
            Yes he did, Chicago hasn't had any adversity to face all year and their frustration is showing.

Comment

• and he back checks too...

Comment

• Tremendous. The best 2-way player in the game.

Comment

• If they hold serve at home, they're on their way.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This is the trap game. They are riding a high from last night and it would be easy to be a little cocky. I think this is where the 3 day break helps them. It gives them a better chance to get focused.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Oh and it looks there will be another reason to hate the Av's

Report: Avalanche eye Patrick Roy

Updated: May 21, 2013, 2:21 AM ET
                      Associated Press

DENVER -- The Denver Post is reporting the brother of Patrick Roy says the Hall of Fame goalie is close to returning to the Colorado Avalanche as the team's coach.
                      Roy's brother, Stephane, told the paper late Monday night: "They're discussing the final details of an arrangement." Stephane Roy also reportedly announced the news on his Facebook page.
                      A phone message was left with the Avalanche.
                      Colorado fired coach Joe Sacco on April 28 after a season in which the team finished last in the Western Conference.
                      Soon after, the organization shook up the front office, promoting Hall of Famer Joe Sakic to executive vice president of hockey operations. Sakic and Roy helped Colorado win two Stanley Cup titles as players.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• They are in the west now (or were in the east), don't care about them anymore.

Comment

• The Pens were in the other division and I still despised them. I can get my Av's dislike on even if we don't see them that often.

Comment

• Wow, Chicago has dug themselves a huge hole and Quenneville is still 0-5 against the Wings in the playoffs.

Although the season was truncated (lockout) over 48 games, Chicago had one of the greatest seasons ever in the NHL, 24-0 start, nothing short of miraculous which obviously makes this playoff assjackin' even more special.

Howard stood tall as the Wings PK won it.

Glad to see Datsyuk make the scoresheet, he was tied with Tyler Kennedy of the Pens at 2 goals each with one small caveat, Kennedy was benched the first 4 games of the series 6 against the Islanders.

Chicago needs to win 3 of the next 4 games, good luck with that as frustration and doubt creep in.

I'll add, Chicago's chances will improve if Toews can end his goal-scoring skid.
                            He doesn't have a goal in nine playoff games, dating to last year. He led the team with a team-high 23 goals in the 48-game, lockout-shortened season.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 21, 2013, 07:36 AM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• One thing is for sure: We have ourselves a series. I still think Chicago is the favorite just because they are deeper. Our D is still a catastrophe waiting to happen every shift so eventually the Hawks will cash in more than they are now. I've never seen a team not even be able to tip the puck past their own blue line for what seems like minutes at a time and the other team doesn't make them pay. Over and over and over the Wings have been getting away with it. The law of averages suggests that can't be sustained but we'll see...

If the Wings go on to pull the upset, this series will go down as one of the all-time great wins in Red Wings history. Hell, going into this thing I would have been happy if they just got a couple games off the Hawks. I still feel the same way. Let's just get a couple wins off these guys

Comment

• If the Wings get the next one at home, I think the Hawks are done.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X