Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: NHL has plan to move Coyotes to Seattle
    By TheScore.com June 16, 2013

According to Hockey Night In Canada, if Glendale, Arizona does not approve the proposed deal that would keep the Coyotes in Phoenix, another group is in place to purchase the team that relocate them to Seattle in time for the start of the 2013-14 NHL season. This same plan prevented the Vancouver Canucks from moving their AHL team to Seattle as the Canucks were told that there was another plan for the building's use. Seattle would need to build a new arena as KeyArena does not have the capcity to support an NHL team long-term. There was almost a new arena built when a group was set to purchase the NBA's Sacramento Kings but that deal ended up falling through.
    The Coyotes have been in Phoenix since 1996 when the Winnipeg Jets moved their team to the United States. Their best season as a franchise was in 2011-12 when they went to the Western Coference Finals but were defeated by the eventual Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings.

Comment

• The Hockey News (June 6th)

Wait it gets better....

So now the focus is on the landing spot. And unfortunately for the good people of Quebec City, the tea leaves aren’t saying the Coyotes will land in La Belle Province. If the Coyotes move, speculation is they will relocate to Seattle for a variety of reasons.

Moving to Seattle would keep the Coyotes in the west and maintain the integrity of realignment. It would also give the NHL an opportunity to get a foothold in the new $490 million arena that is going to be built in Seattle before the National Basketball Association moves in. There was speculation the Sacramento Kings would move to Seattle, but that possibility was quashed when the team was recently sold and the league’s board of governors rejected a move.

Here’s how things could work. The Gosbee group will buy the team for an announced price of $170 million. That’s the easy part. Then comes the deal with the City of Glendale and whether or not it is willing to spend money it doesn’t have to keep the team there or risk leaving the Jobing.com Arena without a major tenant. Speculation is that if Gosbee’s group cannot come up with a suitable deal to keep the Coyotes in Glendale, Seattle then becomes a viable option. The team would play out of the antiquated Key Arena in Seattle until the new arena is built. It would not be the ideal situation, but it’s the best option at the moment.

According to a source, there are a couple of kinks in that plan. The first is, Key Arena has taken out its ice-making equipment and cemented over the chilling system in the floor. That would leave the Tacoma Dome, which is about 30 miles south of Seattle, as a possibility. The other is that Chris Hansen, the San Francisco-based hedge fund manager who is building the new arena, is not a hockey fan, but would be amenable to having the hockey team as a second tenant in the building after a basketball team.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• As long as they move out of Arizona, and above the 40th parallel.......I'm good.

Comment

• that could be a good rivalry
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Milbury hates Jagr since 2008 when Jagr would not do an interview with him (and NBC) He was a joke as a GM and he's trying so hard to be NBC's Don Cherry it's painfully obvious...

Then he back peddled after the game

I've been critical of of him in the past but I've also been an admirer of him in the past because his skill set is just phenomenal but it's a different mindset that goes into his approach to the game. "I sometimes get frustrated by that as a former coach watching it but the skill set is still there…

Jagr once again began playing some awfully good hockey. He was creating some chances for teammates, getting some of his own. When the game was finished, Jagr had five shots on goal, two more than any other Bruin. And he had one more attempt that didn't count as a shot on goal because he clanged it off the iron in overtime, just another example of being so close but so far.

Comment

• Packfan, simply mute the video and watch the carnage, Jagr is finished. He's been with 5 teams since 2010, 2 in Europe, Flyers, Stars & Bruins in NHL. 65 career NHL Playoff goals, none this post-season....highly doubt Boston picks him up for another year, after losing Iginla, they were hoping for any offensive upgrade possible, they didn't get it.

He is still skilled but likely will find work back in Europe as those pro leagues are on par with the AHL.

http://larrybrownsports.com/hockey/m...t-skate/191995

I do give him credit, no one rocked that Eastern European Mullet quite like Jagr did and the Civil War "porkchops", priceless.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 17, 2013, 11:42 AM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• OP, I don't think he is a disaster as you indicated above, but I do agree he has lost a few steps of his former self.

Comment

• Packfan, simply mute the video and watch the carnage, Jagr is finished.
                  He's 41 years old, lol nobody's worried where he will be next year. If he can give Boston a little push to win the Cup this year - mission accomplished!

Comment

• lol He has caught some flack over his dyed and groomed beard, everything is ok if you win though.

Stanley Cup Final: Game 2 Most-Viewed NHL Game Ever on NBCSN

Bruins/Blackhawks Game 2 ranks as the most-viewed NHL telecast ever on NBC Sports Network (previously Versus and OLN), topping the previous high of 3.6 million for Blackhawks/Flyers Game 3 in 2010.

Comment

• 2-0 Boston after 2. Both goals off the post & in. What a pile of crap.

Comment

• LOL.

Comment

• Niklas Hjalmarsson would prefer not to be hit by Milan Lucic

If this gif isn’t a metaphor for the entire series than I don’t know what is. Hawks start fast and then melt as the game wears on? Because if you work the body the head will fall. It’s true in life. It’s true in hockey.

Kane Is A Weenie

Comment

• Even without scoring, Jaromir Jagr still a force
                            By Adam Gretz | Hockey writer
                            June 17, 2013 11:40 pm ET

While Tuukka Rask will get the headlines for another shutout on Monday, and Daniel Paille will get attention for scoring another huge goal (and it was an awesome play), it was Jagr that was perhaps Boston's best player. He was simply everywhere, making plays in all three zones and creating scoring chances on seemingly every shift.

Comment

• What a pass by Jaromir Jagr to Patrice Bergeron, threading the needle!

Comment

• HE'S WASHED UP!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X