• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaromir Jagr No. 68 knows when to turn it up

Monday, June 17, 2013
    By:
    Stephen Harris, Bruins Beat

Given his status as an elder statesman of the game, he doesn’t always rush from Point A to Point B in a great hurry. But how late in games he suddenly becomes a hell of a player
    At age 41, it seems, Jagr knows how to conserve energy and have it available when a game is on the line.

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com//sports/brui....2RmbCR2R.dpuf

Comment

• Report: M Live Datsyuk, Red Wings close in on lengthy extension.

The most interesting factor of the deal will likely be the length of that potential contract. He’ll turn 35 on July 20 and his current agreement expires after the 2013-14 season, so it will be a 35+ contract. Even for a player whose brilliance seems as ageless as Datsyuk’s, that has to be a cause for some concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        What a pass by Jaromir Jagr to Patrice Bergeron, threading the needle!

Unless Chicago can find a way to solve Rask, it's over. Bad ice and an unenforced rulebook are both ruining the SCF.

Jagr did know when to turn up and that was 10 years ago.

Packfan, that a 5 on 3 powerplay, nice pass but frankly most NHL players that QB their powerplay will find that open man.

Jagr has had occasional flashes of former brilliance but sadly his legs are gone, 5 teams in 3 years says it all.

Jagr has not scored a single goal in in the postseason playoffs, not one, ZERO. That's 0 for 20 games now. Boston is in the driver's seat now and looking solid, if the win the Cup there's going to be plenty of Bruin players looking for a raise, unless he agrees to the league minimum, likely Jagr is gone.

He will be 42 come the Sochi World Championship (Olympics) next February, international ice surface, no legs... the Czech Republic will need youth and speed, Jagr may get a goodbye roster spot but will ride the pine as that large sheet of ice, exacerbates his decline.
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 18, 2013, 09:49 AM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I remember chicago being down 3-1 in a series and it looked like that was over. I would not count them out yet.

Comment

• Let's hear that one big sigh of relief.

Comment

• After a split, the team that has won G 3 has gone on to win the Cup 84% of the time. It's over.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Without Hossa Chicago has no chance, still Boston has a history of crazy chokes and comebacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  Report: M Live Datsyuk, Red Wings close in on lengthy extension.

The most interesting factor of the deal will likely be the length of that potential contract. He?ll turn 35 on July 20 and his current agreement expires after the 2013-14 season, so it will be a 35+ contract. Even for a player whose brilliance seems as ageless as Datsyuk?s, that has to be a cause for some concern.

3 years, 22.5 M, Detroit got hosed like they did with Lidstrom.

Wings should sign me, I'll take the League minimum and will NOT take a vacation when we play Chicago.

Comment

• Soccer on ice continues...

*Yawn*

Comment

• Yeah a Chicago v. Pittsburgh series would have been kickass.

In fairness the ice in Boston in G3 was beyond terrible, soft and slow which aids the Bruins.

The damn lockout meant the playoffs started two weeks later than usual, the ambient temperature in these rinks is much hotter than it normally is.

They should be forced to play the SCF in Edmonton, they've got the best ice in the League and besides the Oilers are golfing as usual.

Heat leakages of an indoor ice rink

Comment

• that is a fine chart for a muni rink but not a public stadium with 25,000 people coming in and out.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I thought Detroit was bankrupt?

Plans unveiled for $650M Red Wings arena, entertainment district in Detroit

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Comment

• A rather ambitious plan for the surrounding area. Not sure how much it will actually lead to new residents living downtown but any development in the area is better than no development, IMO. I like the idea of having places to go within walking distance of a Wings game. Currently, you have to head back to Greektown anyway so if they can bridge those two areas, it might actually feel somewhat like a big city downtown area. Not the 3 habitable blocks it currently is. As for the public funding aspect, it's financed over 30 years so it won't be a huge knock at once. So far I like the idea. They really need to try something. Anything at this point.
                            Last edited by Mike; June 19, 2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Another great game to OT, back to Chicago. Coaches nightmare what terrible play by both teams, makes exciting hockey 6-5 and now we have at least two more, looks like it will go 7.

Comment

• Yeah a Chicago v. Pittsburgh series would have been kickass.
                                Yea, cant be any better than this one though. 3 OTs in 4 games and 11 goals tonight whew..I wanted the B's to win, buts its back on now! Home ice means nothing,

next game Sat night 8:00

Comment

Working...
                                X