No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 40 goals were made thru seven games, the Boston Bruins rallied in Game 7 to eliminate the Toronto Maple Leafs in the quarter-finals of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Patrice Bergeron scored at 6:05 of overtime to get the 5-4 miracle victory, after being down 4 to 1 earlier in Game 7. Boston forced four straight goals to take the series in May, similar to how the Blackhawks reeled two straight goals to win the Cup in Game 6 against the Bruins.

Although it's been almost six weeks since the Maple Leafs fell to the Bruins, Toronto is still salty about it. Just check out the huge thank you they sent to the Blackhawks for defeating the Bruins in Game 6.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The NHL Draft goes this Sunday in NJ, many experts predict an extremely deep crop of prospects. Colorado came to their sense cannot afford to pass up on Halifax Moosehead center Nathan MacKinnon, this kid will be a superstar in the NHL, just watch as he goes #1 overall although the Avalanche are hemorrhaging on Defense.

The NHL salary Cap drops for 70M to 64M so expect many big-name players to be on the move during the Draft, Lecavalier , LeTang , Luongo, Bickell, Horton, Bolland many others as it will be exciting, tons of horse trading!

June 21st TSN.ca's

Off-season Game Plan (Detroit Red Wings), in-depth, informative:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/scott_cullen/?id=426020

30 NHL Team Game Plans:

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=95107
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 28, 2013, 09:38 AM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Toronto fans get a tiny bit of relief/payback to make them feel better. I was looking for the same, didn't happen - way to many "We took Chicago more than anyone) posts, .. sad... Red Wing fans now have moral victory's.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAReX5k9cA&list=FLKl4itst_Uoc5Ri9nkaUy2w& index=96"]Craig Coxe vs Bob Probert Nov 19, 1987 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Detroit should grab him, have cap space, age 33, Stanley Cup Captain still is an NHL force. Tampa took the 33M buyout, sign him for a 2-3 year deal, incredibly strong center. He was an UFA and in less than 24 hours, 15 of 29 GM's contacted Tampa Bay!

Although he has another year on his Pittsburgh contract, Latang rejected an 8 year 54M contract with the Pens. That's 7M a year, he's looking for 7.5M?!? Anyway expect Shero to pull the pin on Trade and get PLENTY in return if LeTang doesn't come to his senses. You want a chance to win the Cup every year or would you rather toil in Columbus, Florida or Phoenix and remain in obscurity?

Keep tabs on all the trade, free agent and draft news with TSN's Hockey Insiders all the way through to Sunday's NHL Draft in New Jersey.

11:40pm et - Lecavalier slated to meet with Calgary and Detroit on Sunday morning, while Vancouver is possibly interested. - LeBrun
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 30, 2013, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Report: Pens, Letang 8-year, $58M deal

CBS Sports '

The Red Wings did well to get a high-end goal scorer at No. 20, while also collecting a second-rounder from San Jose. Mantha scored 50 goals in the QMJHL last year and is 6-foot-4. I've heard some doubts about his overall upside and if the scoring will translate, but that type of production is worth taking a chance on, especially at this range.
              Last edited by WingsFan; June 30, 2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Cha-ching for Letang. He's not going to live up to that contract. I don't think that Lidstrom ever made that much.

Comment

• I think Lidstrom peaked at $9 mil a year in the pre-cap days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Cha-ching for Letang. He's not going to live up to that contract. I don't think that Lidstrom ever made that much.
                    That's 25M over Crosby , Malkin and Latang, they better win the Cup next year. Looking forward to Latang on international ice next February in the Olympics.

Bruins dump Jagr, 6 teams in 4 years, ouch! But he never looked so good doing it.

Comment

• Schneider to NJ for the #9 pick, Bo Horvat.

Owner Francesco Aquilini flew to Florida to speak with Luongo on Sunday. According to Schneider, the Canucks organization didn't have much contact with either goalie as Gillis tried to figure a way out.

But Luongo and Schneider stayed in touch, talking over the weekend as rumours swirled. The 27-year-old wished his old partner nothing but the best as he came to grips with getting a new start in New Jersey.

UFA starts July 5th, it will be wild!
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 1, 2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Congratulations Nathan, no NHL player has scored more than Joe and of course the Greatest Player in the World comparison, spectacular.

MacKinnon was the first player drafted No. 1 overall out of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League since Crosby in 2005. Fittingly, he's only the third 17-year-old taken No. 1 overall in the draft since 1988, joining Joe Thornton (1997) and Crosby.

Comment

• did not see that one coming.

TSN

Per Darren Dreger - Lecavalier to Philly. 5 years, $4.5 million per.

Comment

• Looks as if team Sweden will be practicing at the Joe this fall in prep for sochi.

Comment

• Alfredsson and Weiss in Brunner (Cleary) out, not a bad day. People acting like Brunner was the next Fedorov is ludicrous.

Comment

• I'd feel better if Alfi let the kids play and rested during the break instead
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X