No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with your sour grapes with the Red Wings and Swedish players?

Comment

• Funny, here in Detroit we view NHL hockey as a team game and tend to root for the players on our team, not some desparate nationality superiority game where we root for players strictly based on what country they were born in.

The influx of all that talent from Europe and the old Soviet Republics must just really piss Canadians off.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack_crancer View Post
        What is with your sour grapes with the Red Wings and Swedish players?
        Sour grapes is right. He's pissed that the NHL isn't dominated by Canadians like it once was. Apparently the idea that people from other parts of the world can actually play hockey too really upsets him.

I guess it would be like the US waking up to find out a ton of it's baseball stars are actually from Latin America. Oh wait.....that's already happened and we don't care because they are great players and fun to watch regardless of where they were born.

Comment

• Not at all Canadian still make up the majority of single nationalities in the NHL. For you, It's painful that Sweden has fallen so quickly from the brief flash of "success".
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Why would I care how Sweden does in the Olympics?

Comment

• Here are the NHL facts (2011 Hockey News Rosters), while you simply make shit up. Of the five teams still vying for The Governor General of Canada's Trophy, the vast majority are Canadian hockey players, playing for Canadians for nearly a century.

No matter where they may draw their paycheck, it has been and will always be a game of Canadians, for Canadians. You just don't get it and should stick to Metorsexual Macram? or the NBA because you remain clueless and pathetic. Leave the NHL for the enjoyment of heterosexual men.

Boston

20 -CDN
              5-USA
              2-CZE
              1-Fin
              1-SVK
              1-GER

Tampa Bay

19-CDN
              5-USA
              3-SWE
              1-CZE
              1-FIN

San Jose

22-CDN
              7-USA
              2-SWE
              2-GER
              2-FIN

Vancouver

13-CDN
              6-USA
              5-SWE
              1-FIN
              1-DEN
              1-GER

Detroit

11-CDN
              6-SWE
              5-USA
              1-RUS
              1-FIN
              1-CZE
              1-BLR
              1-SVO
              1-SLK

Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 12, 2011, 04:49 PM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• So let's see. So far your arguments are:

1. Europeans are dirty.
                2. I am gay.

Wow, you are truly an intellectual.

Oh well, those are better arguments than the data you posted. According to that, 2 of the 5 teams left have more non-Canadians than Canadians on them. I didn't know Canada has slipped THAT far.
                Last edited by Jamie H; May 12, 2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Sit down, shut up and thank every Canadian you meet for the Game 7, the spectacle between Detroit & San Jose that you are about to enjoy (kind of).

Comment

• Actually, I like a majority of Canadians I've met. In fact, I like almost all of them. I've worked with quite a few as one of the companies I worked for heavily recruited Canadian Universities. Very friendly people.

I guess you are determined to be the exception.

Don't worry, I won't let you ruin my opinion of Canadians. If you act anything like this in real life, I'm sure most Canadians wouldn't want you representing them anyway.

Comment

• I'm really trying to figure out if Optimus is playing the fool or serious?
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I honestly have no idea myself. Maybe he gets off on thinking he is getting a rise out of me? Who knows. He seems to have hated me from day 1 for whatever reason. I probably had the gall to disagree with him on something.

Truth is, I've just been posting while waiting for code to compile, so I'm getting paid while I post. Pretty hard to be mad about that. Better than staring at the status bar waiting for it to be done!

Comment

• And with that, code is checked in and I'm off to watch the game.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!

Comment

• OP is just trying to get a rise out of people. Don't take the bait.

As for tonight, I just want to see Detroit win one more game.

For only being the second round of the playoffs this has been a truly epic series and will go down in Red Wings lore. I kind of expect a loss tonight simply because it would be "too good to be true". If we lose, I hope it's because SJ was better and not the result of some bullshit goal or a gift PP to SJ. At any rate, I may puke.

Franzen out, Clowe in for SJ, Draper in for Madano.

Comment

• Also, booze is well stocked because it will be necessary either way.

Comment

• I'm really trying to figure out if Optimus is playing the fool or serious?
                                I've met Mr. OP, and he's one of the good guys. He loves pouring gasoline on any kind of fire. You all would get along with him fine.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X