No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ilitch is stuck in Detroit with the Tigers and Comerica Park but why invest in a dead city with 18 B in debt and now in bankruptcy, get their act in order?

Loins bolted to Pontiac once before and the Pistons to Auburn Hills, makes perfect business sense. Besides I never felt comfortable as kid leaving the Joe after game and seeing all the "Guardian Angels" posted around town as you walk to your car.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 25, 2013, 08:45 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Mr. Illitch does just fine making money in Detroit. He doesn't run the schools or public services, he just rakes in suburbanites' cash before they drive back to inhabitable lands.

Comment

• I think Ilitch probably told previous city administrations that he'd invest in downtown, but only if they made sure his customers were safe while they are there. The Comerica Park/Ford Field/Greektown area probably has more police per square block than any other section of Detroit, .. on game days.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I was just down there. Got off the Jeffries at MLK Blvd. and Michigan Ave.........and there's a brand-new subdivision there. Corktown....except for where Tiger Stadium was.....looks good. I counted 8 cranes working on buildings downtown. There were thousands of people walking around town, traffic jams, etc. And this wasn't just around the Fox/Comerica/Ford field. The east side is a war zone, but many, many places in Detroit are doing well. The city will survive because there are many people who will still invest, and many more who will take a chance. I have dozens of young people in my family/friends circle who are starting new small businesses downtown........and are doing fine.

Comment

• Flint & Detroit rank # 1 & #2 as the most Violent cities in America. Forbes has Detroit ranked as 1st the most miserable city in the land, nothing to be proud of....50 years of gross incompetence and corruption have brought the city to its knees. I wouldn't invest a quarter unless it went to razing that hell hole and starting over, it's beyond help.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...erable-cities/

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...nt_staffi.html
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Well then........I guess you should NOT invest. I'm sure they'll miss your insight.

Comment

• On second thought, you should mail your social security check to Kwame Kilpatrick, he shares "your vision".

Comment

• LOL

Social Security? Not quite that old OP.......tell ya what, if I'm ever in South Florida, you and I can invest in hurting our liver, and we'll see who the "Old Man" is! Deal? :-D

Comment

• I guess when your 18 billion dollars in debt, 444 million is just chump change.

Critics say that bankrupt Detroit has far greater needs than a new hockey arena, but advocates say it will draw needed visitors and investment to the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                      Ilitch is stuck in Detroit with the Tigers and Comerica Park but why invest in a dead city with 18 B in debt and now in bankruptcy, get their act in order?

Loins bolted to Pontiac once before and the Pistons to Auburn Hills, makes perfect business sense. Besides I never felt comfortable as kid leaving the Joe after game and seeing all the "Guardian Angels" posted around town as you walk to your car.
                      We will miss you making the trek from Bumfuck Florida to here to see a game. I am sure somehow all of our lives will be deeply diminished for not having had the benefit of your optimistic outlook on life. </sarcasm>
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        We will miss you making the trek from Bumfuck Florida to here to see a game. I am sure somehow all of our lives will be deeply diminished for not having had the benefit of your optimistic outlook on life. </sarcasm>
                        Pathetic Tony Bag O' Donuts, you should stick to therapy, God knows you've swallowed tons of aggression.

Highly doubt our paths will ever cross, however on second thought I will be up for Notre Dame after I visit with family, friends and associates, I will look for you.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find The fattest lump of crap in the stadium acting like an assclown.

Cheers

[youtube]R5ypfs0aBdc[/youtube]

Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 26, 2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• TEAM CZECH REPUBLIC 2014 Sochi

Forwards
                          Michalek/Plekanec/Jagr

Fleischmann/Elias/Hudler
                          Voracek/Krejci/Havlat

Prospal/Hanzal/Vrbata

Hemsky

Defense

Zidlicky/Smid

Kuba/Michalek

Kaberle/Hejda

Spacek

Goal
                          Pavlec/Vokoun/Neuvirth

The Czech’s are in a bad way. One might say they must Czech them selves before they wreck themselves. The quality of the Czech teams have been diminishing for a while now. Look at that roster. Would you take any of those guys in the top seven or eight rounds of a fantasy draft? Even one? Maybe Patrick Elias, but still that’s a maybe. There is some promise in that line up. Plekanec and Jagr combined for a ton of points in Kladno during the lockout. Voracek and Hanzal are both young and off to great starts. Radim Vrbata is off to an amazing start and may be the best player on the team come Olympic time. There team isn’t bad, it’s just not as good as other teams. Not to mention there goaltending situation is questionable. Pavlec is off to a terrible start. As is Michal Neuvirth. Tomas Vokoun may be able to find a starting job if he keeps up his quality play this season, but he is not without his faults. This is the first of these teams that I would be surprised to see win a medal.

Comment

• So are you gonna be a Devils fan this year to root on your boy Jagr? Haha

Comment

• I cut him slack. He played in Europe during the lockout, ended up playing 102 games....hell I get tired riding my bike.

1 season, played Europe/Dallas/Boston on 2 continents, earns a pass.

Still, no goals in 23 playoff games.
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 26, 2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Highly doubt our paths will ever cross
                                I agree. I don't walk in dogshit. It's a good thing you went to Florida. It raised the collective IQ in Florida and Michigan
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X