No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the lips of Mike Milbury during a national broadcast last February on NBC. As a former player and coach I assume the statement was accurate.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Habs 3-D graphics show prior to game 3 against Tampa, most impressive.

[Youtube]m7DNau3UBqQ[/YouTube]
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm not totally caught up with the DVR yet, but so far this year the first round has been highly entertaining. Scoring is up. The only shitty series from a neutral spectator standpoint has been Boston-Detroit. St. Louis-Chicago, Columbus-Pittsburgh, and Minny-Colorado have all been spectacular. Even Game 1 of LA-San Josey got interesting at the end even though SJ had a five goal lead. This is what happens when teams actually score goals. Imagine that.

Comment

• You know it, Pittsburgh just scored 3 goals on 3 shots to take a 4-3 lead in Columbus, lated in the 3rd.

Comment

• Another excellent game.

This has been one of the best first rounds in my memory.

Comment

• This Wings series reminds me of the Chicago series last year. Boston can just take control whenever they want. RW are just on a lower level. Not gonna surprise me if it ends 4-1, but hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Yep 4-1 Boston totally dominated that first unlike any Red Wing playoff game I have ever witnessed. Booed off the ice by the home crowd, Boston costed for an easy win :-( Wings, they said had 6-7 quality scoring chances the whole game - ouch.

At least there are other good games - Kings/Sharks 2-2 going into the 3rd

Comment

• Kings/Sharks 3-3 late 3rd

Comment

• Hockey Gods are not with L A this year. They looked they were on a power play all through the first OT, but didn't score. The Sharks had one soft shot and it goes in - looping over Jonathan Quick's shoulder. This was like the 'old' Red Wings type loss, very frustrating if you an Kings fan (though I don't think they will lose any sleep over it). Not exactly hockey town.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      Yep 4-1 Boston totally dominated that first unlike any Red Wing playoff game I have ever witnessed. Booed off the ice by the home crowd, Boston costed for an easy win :-( Wings, they said had 6-7 quality scoring chances the whole game - ouch.

At least there are other good games - Kings/Sharks 2-2 going into the 3rd
                      Hard not to see Boston coming out of the East for the SCF.

Speed or hot goaltending might upset them but forget playing their heavy game, you'll get crushed.

Comment

• Wings played like a lazy 8 seed who thinks they are a 1 seed. Terrible hockey. Fortunately this offseason will give Holland a chance to jettison some of the fat and fix some of his recent screw ups.

Comment

• Holland's magic wand has gone limp, not only has he not brought in the big FA's - He made some terrible moves last year - Samuelsson, Cleary, Weis, Emmerton all dead weight along with Bertuzzi (who was already signed). Still, until the Wings are eliminated - im hoping they surprise me with a win tommorow.

Comment

• Plus Jordan Tootoo and Kyle Quincey, and not going after Shea Weber when the team clearly didn't have anyone of his caliber in the pipeline and his price was very reasonable. And it's time to cut our losses on Brendan Smith. Let someone else look forward to his "potential".

It's really disappointing how invisible the young guys have been. Jurco, Sheehan, Nyquist, and Tatar are nowhere to be seen. I think that the future is bright but we need another offensive defenseman and we need to turn the team over to the young guys. That means letting Alfredsson go too.

Comment

• Wow, another great game Blue Jackets tie Pittsburgh with the goalie pulled 3-3 going to OT

Comment

• As OP pointed out Ryan Getzlaf played after getting hit it the face with the puck. Gallant effort wearing a face-mask but - This NHL plaoffs is 'The Art of War' -Dallas attacked the weak and Getzlaf wasn't in the lineup last night and Dallas won.

Comment

Working...
                                X