Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I bought Wayne Gretzky a beer once, Labbatt's Blue, Earl's Tin Place, Jasper Ave., Edmonton, Alberta.

Weber & Ovechkin might be available via trade this summer I read somewhere. Who's got the balls?
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• No worries, OP, I did and bought him a beer...

lol

No empty net goal tonight for Boston

Comment

• Boston has won 13 of 15 pivotal game 3's under Julian. Montreal has had Boston's number for awhile, nearly swept them in regular season. I smell an upset.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I smell the Wild Blackhawks series all the way from here.

37 shots on goal total last night between the two teams in a 4-0 game that included an empty netter. What a fucking awful series that has been so far.

Comment

• Boston escaped with a must win goal in OT

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNR8GJNZ5Ew"]Bruins vs. Canadiens 4 Recap - YouTube[/ame]
            Last edited by WingsFan; May 9, 2014, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
              Weber & Ovechkin might be available via trade this summer I read somewhere. Who's got the balls?
              The Wings blew their chance to get Weber. It's too late. It would take a king's ransom to get him now, and the franchise is already suffering from all of the draft picks that have been traded away over the years.

Comment

• Just got home from work, did the penguins decide to take the night off? Minnesota about to tie up the Chicago series 2-2.

Comment

• Missed the game, was travelling. Chance to closeout the series at home and the Pens blow it.

ION, France upends Canada 3-2 in a shootout at the Worlds, WTF?

Comment

• This one post, I have to say class act by Sidney Crosby. Martin St. Louis. landing in Pittsburgh Thursday in preparation for Game 5 learned his 63-year-old mother passed away suddenly that afternoon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3100m9LXTLM"]Sidney Crosby consoles Martin St. Louis on the death of his mother - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Greatest player in the world, total world-class act. It's not just about wining everything.

At 12 M a season, he gives a little extra, probably will get the Order of Canada for that one.

Comment

• Cindy shows a compassionate, human side and showed be rightfully lauded for his support to team mate St. Louis. Demonstrates that even whiny douche bags have moments of greatness.

Although Crosby is the CURRENT best scorer in hockey, he is by no means the best player in the world. There are several players that are better overall players than Cindy. If you factor in stick handling, speed, positioning, defensive play, etc, Crosby doesn't find himself on top of heap. Looking at it from an overall player perspective, I'd much rather have a Datsyuk than a Crosby. Is Crosby a better/best pure goal scorer? Yes. Is Crosby a better overall player? No. Lets not let hero-worship blind us to reality. If I could pick one Pittsburgh player to poach for the Red Wings, I'd take Maulkin hands down. Better overall player.

Crosby is like Justin Bieber. Very good at one thing, but that does not make one best in the world.

And who the f**k is filming this exchange to post onto You-tube? Some things should be left to privacy. What an inconsiderate a-hole. Part of our new societal mindset I guess. Its like when you see on the news some sap getting beaten into a coma by a couple of thugs and there are dozens of people standing right up close, filming with their cell phones - better to be cool than do the right thing.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It has become a forgone conclusion that Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby is the best player in the world. From media outlets to social circles to the NHL players themselves, it seems as if anyone who appears to know anything about hockey will agree that Crosby stands alone.

Wayne Gretzky may be on the outside of the NHL for now, but when he gives his opinion on players in the game today people listen.

After seeing Sidney Crosby dazzle against the Maple Leafs leading the Penguins to a shootout victory, The Great One gave Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com his thoughts on Sid the Kid and, as you might expect, they were glowing.

“But in my mind, I don’t think there’s any question Sidney Crosby is the best all-around player in the game. His hockey sense is so strong and so solid, combined with his God-gifted talent of being able to see the ice, see the entire picture in front of him. And, most importantly, I don’t care how good you are, if you don’t have a work ethic, it doesn’t matter. There’s no question that each and every game, he’s one of the hardest-working guys on the ice. In my mind, he’s the best player in the game today.”

It wasn’t so long ago that Gretzky called Detroit’s Henrik Zetterberg the best player to come out of Sweden so No. 99 isn’t shy about his opinions.

Comment

• So what is up with your Crosby Bro-mance? Is it because he's despised by most Wings fans and you like doing a Ken Linesman impression or do you really need to trumpet crosby's name incessantly?
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Whatever the reasons, either real or imagined (by you), it's certainly none of your business.

Now move along.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 11, 2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• It would be no one's business except you keep posting it here in public. Just curious really. I'm honest to god not trying to fuck with you, what's up with the SC obsession?
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X