No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Tony, you thrive on feigning some phony outrage.

As a peace offering for you morbidly-obese types, just enjoy some cake.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• `Whatever dude. It was just an attempt to actually talk to you.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Comment

• LOL, I missed that! Obviously Lunqvist is still pissed at Crosby for winning another Gold in Sochi at his expense, I'd take gold over water bottle folly every time though.

Pens squander another opportunity to closeout the Rangers, series now knotted at 3 apeice. Game 7 heading back to Pittsburgh.

New York clearly stole momentum, Fleury continues to crumble under playoff pressure.

Heads should roll if the Pens choke again, need your stars to shine and CLUTCH goaltending, don't have to be perfect just one more save than the other guy.

If the Penguins lose Game 7, it will be the second time in four postseasons they have failed to win a series in which they built a 3-1 lead. It will mark the fifth consecutive year the Penguins' season was ended by a lower-seeded opponent.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 12, 2014, 07:27 AM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
            From media outlets to social circles to the NHL players themselves, it seems as if anyone who appears to know anything about hockey will agree that Crosby stands alone.
            No need to check for accuracy - I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

The 'greatest player' has exactly one goal in the playoffs. He's shown during these two rounds that if you get physical with him, he gets frustrated and vanishes from relevance. There were a LOT of non-calls (both sides) in last night's game and even HNIC commented on the number of penalties Sir Whinealot didn't get tagged with. Being an overrated primadonna has its perks I guess.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Malkin is a better player than Cindy. I like Cindy but Malkin is a better playoff scorer. It's why he's got a Conn Smythe and Crosby doesn't.

Comment

• No Jon, Gretzky was real....real good.

Let me think about it......Ghengis Jon's hockey opinion or Wayne Gretzky's?

Hanni, Crosby is the greatest player in the game period.

Best setup man, probably the best goal scorer too if he actually shot first and passed second, like Malkin or Ovechkin, who I might add cough up the puck and are both turn-over machines at horrific rates.

Has he been flat the playoff series against NYR, sure but it is game 7.....let's see who the last man standing is after Tuesday.

For Christ's sake, Crosby is a mere 6 points off the NHL playoff scoring lead ?!?!?

And I repeat, no one, I repeat, no one has scored more points than Crosby this ENTIRE NHL season. That's why he has won the Art Ross & Hart Trophies!
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 12, 2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• I'm sure Wayne appreciates that you equate his opinions with mine.

Scoring the most points does not equate to being the best player, only the highest scorer. I can demonstrate with incontrovertable proof that every time the rooster has crowed, since the beginning of time, that the sun has come up. This does not make the rooster the best bird of them all.

(Only the fowlest!)
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ha! So much for 'Greatest player in the world' --- just got sent golfing by the Rangers.

Sorry to rub it in OP, but your boy was invisible this playoffs - what one goal??? The great ones carry their team on their back when things are not going good. Not disappear.

Comment

• New York, who rallied from a 3-1 series deficit for the first time in the franchise's 88-year history has sent Penguins franchise into a head-scratching panic as the Rangers finish an improbable comeback. Cindy is already catching heat for this choke job (from his own fans on message boards) too bad soooooo sad.

Comment

• LOL! Cindstress...

Comment

• Epic collapse. 3-1 series lead squandered.

Bylsma gone.
                          Fleury at 5M, gone.
                          They need a PROPER winger for Crosby!

Tyler Kennedy? Cooke? Kunitz? Dupuis?

I could score 50 on Sid's line!

Comment

• Not quite a Patrick Roy Montreal moment, but I have NEVER seen a player yell at HIS COACH during a game. And that is why cindy is a f*cking baby.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xakzsI3Soo"]Sidney Crosby "yelling" at DB - YouTube[/ame]

Also F*ck Doc Emrick who was speechless almost in tears as his beloved team was eliminated for the 5th year in a row by a lower seed.

Why is this guy even doing Penguin games on national TV????

Comment

• Waaaah! You can't do this to me!! I'm the greatest player on the planet!!! Just ask me!

OP, I'll buy your jersey and wear it with pride if you get a spot on the Pen's team.
                              Last edited by Ghengis Jon; May 14, 2014, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• Let me help you guys.

Crosby finished the postseason with the lone goal and nine assists, a scoring rate far below his 104 points in 80 games during the regular season. The game's premier player did register 80 shot attempts in 13 games, and continues leads all players in the postseason with a 61.6 five-on-five Corsi for percentage (per Extra Skater).*

This gives credence to Crosby's claim that he did everything he could to help his team win, but he ultimately done in by a shooting percentage of 2.6.

Comment

Working...
                                X