No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense nowadays is about sticks in passsing lanes, goaltenders playing dump-ins behind the net, and shots hitting bodies in front of the net. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Goaltending is about just squaring yourself to the shooter and taking away the bottom of the net. It's all boring as fuck to watch.

I agree with that. Hey look, nobody loved old time hockey more than me, but it is what it is and have excepted it. I still love playoff hockey. Now during the regular season, witch I call the first 3/4 the pre-season yea that would not be very intertaning.

Comment

• Hannibal,

Are you calling it soccer on ice because it's low-scoring, or because no one plays defense? I like defense and don't mind low-scoring games. I like the speed of the game today, but I like the personalities of the past. Teams had identities. Now everyone looks and plays the same, and most teams are filled with players whose name I can't pronounce.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't like the soccer on grass analogy, there are many scoring chances and shots on goal in the NHL. But goaltending has really changed, with the equipment there are hardly ever beat without a deflection or perfect shot.

Comment

• Average number of shots taken in an NHL game by a team has been remarkably stable throughout the years. The charts below show a time series on the number of shots per game for all skaters as well as forwards and defense separately. Regular season data is available since the 1967‑68 season.

NHL Average Shots per Game from 1967‑68 to 2014‑15

Comment

• Game # 1 was blast! 2k less than a sellout, 1st playoff in 15 years for the Florida Panthers. Should have beaten the Islanders but fell short 5-4. Pretty good team, Jagr still has it. Ekblad is a stud. Luongo, Huberdeau. Barkov, Smith and Hurdler skate like the wind.

Game #2 tonight! (which is BS, back-to-back)

Last edited by Prime2; April 15, 2016, 12:55 PM.
            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Bitched tonight by TB. This team doesn't belong here in the playoffs. Bring on the rebuild.

Comment

• Yep. Sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Bitched tonight by TB. This team doesn't belong here in the playoffs. Bring on the rebuild.
                  The streak is all that Holland cares about
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Sounds like the Red Wings need a Harbaugh
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Or sit Jimmy Howard
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They need a few years of good drafting position. Their scouting and evaluation is still top notch but Holland keeps saddling them with crappy contracts. They need to start "selling". Everyone over the age of about 28 should be on the table.

Comment

• Have to agree with everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            Stop trying to defend shitty hockey.

0-0 games are wretched shit and the league should be in Red Alert mode trying to come up with rules to get rid of them. Defense nowadays is about sticks in passsing lanes, goaltenders playing dump-ins behind the net, and shots hitting bodies in front of the net. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Goaltending is about just squaring yourself to the shooter and taking away the bottom of the net. It's all boring as fuck to watch.
                            I don't Hanni, my whisky bottle is 1/2 full come playoffs, sure some series are better than others but I just hit Game #2 of the Panthers v. Islanders last night and the game was spectacular. 75 shots on goal, precision passing and a few scraps!

Frankly I could careless about either team, Instead, I chose to closely follow a 1/2 dozen stars in the game and was not disappointed.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Those are you seats? Right on the glass wow, only thing wrong is that ridiculous rat throwing.

Comment

• They're doing that retarded shit again?

Comment

Working...
                                X