Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Weber wearing goat horns today in the long history of choking Capitals

He failed to control a puck with no one around him, then desperately swiped at it to get the puck to the boards. Instead, he put it right on Patric Hornqvist's tape. Game Set Match

Only question now is who Pittsburgh plays next Stevie Ys team or Brooklyn and what is with that hideous Honda being advertised behind the glass at the Barclays Center? Jesus, what an eyesore as well as making the whole atmosphere (at least on tv) look like there playing at the local roller rink. That right there, we'll I'm sick of looking at it go Tampa!

Comment

• The current Washington Capitals team is their greatest in franchise history.

Finished the regular season with 118 pts and won The Presidents' Trophy, 1st overall, guaranteeing home-ice in the playoffs.

The Caps under Alex Ovechkin's leadership have never advanced past the 2nd round and unless they win 3 games in a row against Pittsburgh, they will likely be bounced again.

Quite odd as for the Caps have never had better goaltending. Brandon Holtby will win the Vezina this season as the best goalie in the NHL and will get an invite to Team Canada for the World Cup next September.

Ovarian will slither off to the "World Championship" in the Soviet Union, May 8th-20th to play with his comrades in Moscow and Leningrad.

There was serious talk about stripping his Captaincy a few yers ago, but owner Ted Leonsis didn't have the balls to do it.

Ovarian dressed as Batman, only God knows what comrade Pavel Datsyuk is dressed like these days now that he defected back to the Soviet Union to play in the "B Tournament" too, Stanley Cup playoffs, too daunting a task for the dynamic duo.

P.S. Russian Hooker, she's OK.
      Last edited by Prime2; May 5, 2016, 03:18 PM.
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Comparing Ovie to Datsyuk is like comparing Joe Thornton to Steve Yzerman. Two men are multiple Stanley Cup champions and two guys are huge fucking losers.
        Last edited by Mike; May 5, 2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• The Wings made Datsyuk a millionaire, honestly, why is he leaving the club he owes everything to, hanging?

7.5M over his last year of his contract that counts against the Wings' CAP space, while he walks?

He may or may not return to honor the final year of my contract?

Did he leave everything on the ice (zero points in 5 games) against Tampa, they were bounced in an embarrassing fashion in 5 games?

Now he will play for Russia in the Worlds, perhaps Putin should pick up his salary.

These foreign players are a fucking joke, but continue to enjoy.
          Last edited by Prime2; May 5, 2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• We'll just have to live with him only winning 2 Cups and nearly winning 2 more. He's old, broken, and has little to offer. Thanks for the memories and happy trails!

Comment

• Here's how my country responds, 2015 "World Championship", Crosby, Seguin, Giroux bounced from the NHL playoffs in the first round, just in time to crush the world.

Ass Railing. LOL

[youtube]BLiqHl4gvZQ[/youtube]

Comment

• Video Replay:

Comment

• Blues Stars 2-2 late 3rd. Pierre Mcguire - what the hell? On every damn game, this is ridiculous. Man I wish I had CBC. Thank God for Cuthbert who is calling Sharks Predators

Comment

• If I were a Wings fan

Count your blessings you not OP. Can't blame Dats just like all the others to long to list who Ken Holland is paying and not even contributing to the Wings. Henrik Zetterberg is still here, and washed up - and will get paid till 2021

Comment

• What a game going on in Nashville! Going into 2OT 3-3 this is most exciting game I have seen in a long long time, up and down odd man rushs. Even Cuthbert said it's one for the ages.

Sharks looked like they had it won 3 times at least with one goal taken away Joe Thornton goalie interference. Nashville hit the post twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        We'll just have to live with him only winning 2 Cups and nearly winning 2 more. He's old, broken, and has little to offer. Thanks for the memories and happy trails!
                        That's my thoughts too.. Holland is the dumbass for handing that contract out. He's known for years Dats wanted to eventually head home. Its not his fault the NHL has this shitty rule in place even if a player retires.

He wants to spend time with his kid and his body is breaking down. I don't fault him at all.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• All three overtimes were absolutely thrilling, with great hockey being played by both teams, also controversy. Nashville wins in 3OT, some teams just can't stop what's coming, the Sharks had so many scoring chances and lost.

Chris Cuthbert is the absolute best, and I mean in every sport. (didn't miss any of those Pittsburgh Pirates updates)

Comment

• Just wait until Dallas gets Patrick Eaves & Tyler Seguin back.

The Western Conference Semis have been spectacular.

Packy, I enjoyed Datsyuk as a player, he was a magician with the puck.

The way I see it, he is not retiring because of age or injury, he is in breach of the final year of his NHL contract and it appears the Wings will let him walk and why? So he can go and play in the Kontinental Hockey League in Russia, run by their MOB?

He signed a 4-year extension, either play it through or retire. The KHL has agreed to honor all NHL contracts and this sets a dangerous precedent when Russian players bolt as when they feel like it. Kovalchuk and Radulov, same shit.

Ovarian is beaking off again about going to play in the Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea, 2018, although he is under contract in the NHL and the League is not going.
                            Ovechkin says he will go anyway and play for Russia.....Russia finished 6th in 2010 (Vancouver) and 5th in 2014 (Sochi, Russia) I doubt they need another loser on the roster.

Comment

• IIHF World Championship began today in Russia.

Canada spanked the USA 5-1, no surprise. Teams have met 43 times in this tournament with the US winning 3 of those games.

Czech Republic shuts out Russia 3-0! Datsyuk preserves his pointless streak in the Motherland, managed 2 shots on net. Putin must have a jet fueled and ready to go at BWI tomorrow night as game #5 resumes between the Caps & Pens.

Can't get Ovechkin over there fast enough. LOL

Comment

• What's an IIHF World Championship without Ovechkin!? They could put him on the cover of the program every year.... and print them well in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X