X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team USA, Inaugural Canada Cup 1976.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Yes was going to post that one too, I like the Flag design, Stars and Stripes

Comment

• Try the 1925 Brooklyn Americans, later the Rangers. Made of WOOL!

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• [youtube]3KLc1SSdb7I[/youtube]

Comment

• USA coach John Tortorella says he'd bench player for sitting during anthem

"If any of my players sit on the bench for the national anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game,"

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              USA coach John Tortorella says he'd bench player for sitting during anthem

"If any of my players sit on the bench for the national anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game,"

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/us...during-anthem/
              That would never happen. Hockey players are a different breed. Hell if a player was sitting its better for them because they'd probably get their ass kicked
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Joe Pavelski (Plover, Wis.) was named captain today of Team USA for the World Cup of Hockey 2016, with Patrick Kane (Buffalo, N.Y.) and Ryan Suter (Madison, Wis.) tabbed as alternate captains.

In addition, David Backes (Blaine, Minn.), Ryan Kesler (Livonia, Mich.), Ryan McDonagh (St. Paul, Minn.) and Zach Parise (Minneapolis, Minn.) will serve as part of the team’s leadership group.

The World Cup of Hockey 2016 is set for Sept. 17 - Oct. 1 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. Team USA is currently conducting training camp in Columbus

Comment

• I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about an exhibition tournament involving NHL players.

Comment

• It seemed like the idea had momentum in the 90s but it has fizzled since. Canadians care I guess.

Comment

• I have never understood it. I just don't feel any national pride from my country's pro players in any sport. The only team that I give a crap about is the Red Wings. I'm not cheering against Zetterberg because he plays for Sweden for two weeks.

Comment

• Why do you cheer for the Red Wings over the Blackhawks? I'm guessing you have some sort of connection. For a lot of people, that connection is geography. I'm not sure why country would be any different.

And for Canadians it's stronger than that, it's about confirming a belief of something that we're pretty proud of - that we're the best hockey nation.

Comment

• The 1996 World Cup is some of the best hockey you will ever see. The finals was epic, Mike Richter was unbelievable in goal.

Comment

• Sat., Sept. 17 vs. Team Europe, 3:30 p.m. ET

Tues., Sept. 20 vs. Canada, 8 p.m. ET

Thurs., Sept. 22 vs. Czech Republic, 8 p.m. ET

In order to make some noise in the tournament, the U.S. can’t rely just on their top dogs. They’ll need a complete team effort and get plenty of production from their depth, which is something many have questioned whether that will come to fruition.

Tortorella used Dustin Byfuglien up at forward in their final exhibition game against Finland, a position he hadn’t played in three years. The Winnipeg Jets D-man wasn’t too fond of the move, which is telling just how much help the U.S. needs up front.

Comment

• Surprise, surprise. After a really shaky start, the Red Wings have won five in a row. Thomas Vanek is trying to singlehandedly make up for all of Ken Holland's shitty signings over the past decade. 8 points, +5 in seven games. He looks like a 27 year old Henrik Zetterberg so far this season and he is making less money than Brendan Smith and Justin Abdelkader.

Comment

• Ohio State, then the Cavs, then the Indians and now...CBJ??????? I would rated them just ahead of the Browns in terms of Ohio teams mostly likely to make some noise.

Too bad the huge CBJ @ Wild game is on NYE and overlaps OSU-Clemson.
                                Last edited by iam416; December 28, 2016, 09:08 AM.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X