No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of no playoffs for the Wings. Next year better make it.

I'm so pissed off about the Red Wings fucking lottery's bad luck and injuries. In the last game I was watching vs Montreal (I was watching the Canada feed) and the announcer said it's almost unbelievable for you folks out there to know how bad "luck" Detroit has had in the draft lottery.

I want to see the Oilers vs the Bruins in the finals.

Comment

• Oilers for sure would be great.

Eastern conference -- I have to admit I'd love to see Toronto or Tampa Bay.

I think that Toronto has suffered enough. They have my blessing to make a good post season run.

Comment

• Toronto would be OK too, maybe better... tired of Tampa

Comment

• I'm a little tired of Tampa too, but damn, they are pretty fun to watch.

Comment

• Former Red Wing Tyler Bertuzzi has 6 points in 4 games. Good for him. I always liked little Bert. If he stays healthy that trade is going to be a steal for Boston.

God yes the Wings have had really bad luck in the lottery.

Comment

• Bad luck but also a lot of top 10 picks that haven't panned out very well.

Comment

• It's really hard to get an elite player that is a lock. Jack Hughes is having a terrible playoff so far, but man if only the Wings had him.

Comment

• We took Zadina (6) one spot ahead of Quin Hughes (7). That was fucking stupid.

Last year we used the 8th pick to take Marco Kasper who scored all of 7 goals and 4 assists in 46 games in the Swedish junior league. Looks like Stevie may have gotten a little cute with that pick. Still too early to tell but the only 1st rounders we have anything to show for in the last decade are Seider and Raymond and they both took a step back this year.

Comment

• Yep Zadina was a Holland pick if only he could score a little more Stevie could trade him. Seider and Raymond will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Bad luck but also a lot of top 10 picks that haven't panned out very well.
                      Yeah that's an issue too. We've had piles of draft picks since we last made the playoffs and the best guy on the team is still Larkin. We've been piling up late first rounders and 2nd and 3rd rounders, but not elite talent. We really need an elite franchise guy. The Wings are still mostly "supporting cast".

Comment

• Yep. No Alpha.

Comment

• Right now that Little Bert trade is looking a little ominous.

4G and 5A in 6 games so far.

I’m happy for the guy but I’m not sure if giving him away for a late 1st rounder and a late 4th rounder was a good idea.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; April 29, 2023, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• And the scoring continues. Right now the playoffs are trending to be the highest scoring post season since 1995.The Panthers are averaging 3.67 against the Bruins, who gave up only 2.1 per game during the regular season.

Save percentages are wayyy down.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; April 29, 2023, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• The last time the Maple Leafs won a playoff series Igor Larionov was still playing. He’s currently 62 years-old.

Comment

• Good for them. Edmonton vs. Toronto would be an excellent final.

Comment

Working...
                                X