No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no doubt that they made progress this year. Clearly the best Wings team since the end of the Zetterberg era. Let's hope that the pipeline that Stevie Y has been building continues to pay off.

At least they finally can't get fucked in the draft lottery this year, amirite?

Comment

• I'm still pissed that Holland passed on Quinn Hughes in favor of fucking Filip Zadina. Hughes will likely win the Norris this year with 91 points and a +39 rating. Zadina has 91 points in 262 career games as a forward.

Comment

• Pretty good playoff so far. Game 7 between the Oilers and the Canucks tonight. I'd love to see the Oilers win it all.

Comment

• So far, it's been straight chalk which is highly unusual for hockey. If Vancouver wins tonight the conference finals will be all 4 division winners from the regular season.

Comment

• Well, they didn't. So, you know, eat a bag of dicks you fucking assface chode-gobbler.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• shaddup
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Glad Edmonton won. Eastern Final starts tomorrow and they alternate nights with the West. There will be a game on every night until a team gets knocked out. ESPN has Rangers-Panthers, TNT has Oilers - Stars.

Comment

• Pretty scathing article about Mike Babcock recently.

‘No one is spared’: Tracing Mike Babcock’s imperious NHL coaching career - The Athletic (nytimes.com)

Mike Commodore hates him...

Comment

• He did Modano dirty, too. I hadn't heard about that one until the Athletic article. What a dick.

Comment

• Connor Mac has broken the record for assists in a playoff season with 34. His 42 playoff points is the most since Mario Lemieux in 1991.

Comment

• 8 points his last two games. He’s gotta have the Comm Smythe locked up even if they lose tomorrow. When is the last time someone from the losing team won it?

Comment

• Connor Mac has broken the record for assists in a playoff season with 34. His 42 playoff points is the most since Mario Lemieux in 1991.
                          I'd not be surprised if Edmonton wins the Cup and Conner Mac will win the Conn Smythe with an overwhelming vote.

I live in FL but don't follow the Panthers that closely. I've watched a couple of the Edmonton Oilers/FL Panthers games. After watching part of the Panther's win to go up three games, I tuned out.

Mike might know the one team that came back from a 3-0 deficit to win the Cup a while back. Was it Toronto in their hay-day? If the Oilers win and they have the momentum and "it" on the ice, it will be a historic major sport's collapse for the Panthers. They've been outscored 12-2 in the last two games I believe.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yes, it was Toronto in 1942 and is still the only time a team came back from down 3-0 to win the Cup Final. There have been a few other instances of it happening in earlier rounds.

Record of teams going up 3-0 in a series by league:

NBA: 157-0
                            MLB: 39-1
                            NHL: 206-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              8 points his last two games. He’s gotta have the Comm Smythe locked up even if they lose tomorrow. When is the last time someone from the losing team won it?
                              Ron Hextall 1987. Only time that I am aware of.

If Florida wins tonight, I still think that Bobrovsky gets it, but MacDavid is about as good a candidate for the runner up as there has ever been.

Comment

• Panthers win the cup on home ice in game 7 beating the Oilers 2-1. Edmenton's Conner McDavid wins the Comm Smythe. A Canadian team's last Stanley Cup win was in 1993 .......Oh Canada!
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X