No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that it was Lidstrom to Zetterberg to Datsyuk might just make OP throw up in is mouth a little bit! Hah!

Comment

• Not a one of 'em from Canada? Sacre bleu!!
      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• On this 22-game winning streak, the Wings have won a game in just about every way possible now.

Comment

• Datsyuk is inhuman just ask possible future Red Wing Ryan Suter (and good player) who is still looking for his jock.

Mickey Redmond - " OH MY GOD!"

[YOUTUBE]n8SLwuuE97s[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Amazing puck handling.

Comment

• Nice. Thanks for posting. He very often does seem to have it on a string.

Comment

• Meanwhile, in Pittsburgh, Crosby skated for a bit with his team. Hopefully, he can return.......being The Savior of the NHL and all......

Comment

• Well to put this in perspective, Columbus is in LAST place in the entire league. 1-1 tie with 5 seconds to go, is actually embarrassing. Honestly, good win but frankly I'd be concerned about peaking too early. At their age, the playoff run is young man's game and what, the Wings are in first place by 2 points?

Honestly, these "aged" players have enjoyed a strong run with considerable team depth and supporting cast, try carrying the load on a lesser team like Nash in C-Bus, every damn game.

Let's pick this up in late April mid-May, shall we? Last, PD is talented for a 34-year old but I can name a dozen Russians historically much better.
                  Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 18, 2012, 06:35 PM.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• How did it end up for Pavel in the last "big game" or to put it another way, the biggest game of his caarer? 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots on goal, in a 7-3 route by Team Canada in the Vancouver Olympics, bitch-slapped like "new fish" in prison.

Taken to school badly as the winner of the Q-match would end up in the gold medal game. Don't get me wrong, he is good player but not much more....but feasting on the Bluejackets, really?

Ryan Getzlaf, Dan Boyle, Rick Nash, Brenden Morrow, Corey Perry, with two goals, and Shea Weber scored as Team Canada thumped Russia 7-3 in their men's hockey quarter-final at the Vancouver Olympics on Wednesday night. Canada will take on Slovakia in the semis.

It’s been a long time since Canada and Russia faced off in arguably the greatest hockey tournament ever played. Never one to overstate the obvious—Canada came out on top in that tournament, albeit by a nose...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIQEJMZpYgU"]2010 Winter Olympics: Canada goals against Russia - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 18, 2012, 07:19 PM.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The biggest game of his career? I doubt that....but of course, YMMV. He's widely considered the best 2-way player in the game.......there's nobody besides you actually disputing that.

/shrug.......Don Cherry-pick away.

Comment

• Against the world's best, in the biggest match of his life, you bet, I guarantee PD would agree. 0-0-0, just the facts. Sad truth of the matter in that game is that he was in, over his head.

Sure, he earns a handsome salary in the NHL, he is damn lucky, most of his countrymen earn crap back in Russia.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 18, 2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Against the world's best, in the biggest match of his life, you bet, I guarantee PD would agree. 0-0-0, just the facts. Sad truth of the matter in that game is that he was in, over his head.
                          Are you really so ignorant as to claim that his lack of talent was the only reason that happened?

That Canadian team was an excellent team that had way more depth than the Russians.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Lucky? LOL......I remember Sid going pointless in the quarters and semis in the 2010 Olympics....even though he was deemed untouchable. his gift goal against the US about killed me.....no doubt...;-)...but he had been completely shut down up until then. Look, your inability to recognize that players from around the world are just as good, and many players from outside of Canada are better than most Canadians is mind-boggling. It doesn't diminish the NHL, it enhances it. Don't take it so personal.......it's a great sport, and we have Canada to thank.

Comment

• Look, your inability to recognize that players from around the world are just as good, and many players from outside of Canada are better than most Canadians is mind-boggling.
                              This is true to the point that you have almost completely negated any respect that would make your posts worthy of a response. You can't argue with "logic" that flawed.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• And...btw....are you really gonna play the "feasting on weak teams" argument? The Eastern Conference is a shit conference. Outside of Pittsburgh....maybe Boston......the rest have been garbage franchises for the last 20 years. Nashville would win 2 out of the 3 divisions there.....and Columbus would probably make the playoffs......(shudder)

Comment

Working...
                                X