No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kid may just add another a Stanley Cup to his collection very soon.

Team Ikea has only 16 road wins this season WTF? If you can't win on the road in the playoffs, it's gonna be a short run. Playing St. Louis tonight in Missouri doesn't help much either.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 4, 2012, 01:17 PM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The Wings are struggling, no doubt.....and probably won't go too far in the Playoffs. But, that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Crosby is a prima donna. The league promotes him at the expense of others. He whines to the refs so much, and gets results so readily, that it's the very first thing he does when he feels slighted. You may adore him, but the majority of fans don't even respect him, and obviously, many of his peers don't either. Clinging to your devotion, and refusing to acknowledge that players from other countries are just as skilled as you East Alaskans, simply leaves you looking.......I dunno......kinda foolish.

But, please, carry on. ;-)

Comment

• Ah, the "daily celebration of ignorance" may have reached a new low.

And the next time I see him kill a penalty will be the first.

Honestly OT, would you have Antonio Stradivari build birdhouses?
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The finest example of a team captain, leader, and champion is Steve Yzerman. The man blocked shots, killed penalties, and played on one leg through pain I can't imagine. Cindy is the Canadian version of Alex Mogilny. Or is he more Pavel Bure?

Comment

• The hallmark of a loser argument....question the intellect of the opponent.

Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                The finest example of a team captain, leader, and champion is Steve Yzerman. The man blocked shots, killed penalties, and played on one leg through pain I can't imagine. Cindy is the Canadian version of Alex Mogilny. Or is he more Pavel Bure?
                Mike I agree, Yzerman is my top five all-time, damn shame he spent a lot of his prime playing with a bunch of plugs. For today, love him or hate him, Sid fills arenas and is the NHL's Marquee player..... Florida Panthers typically draw a pathetic number of fans per game however when Crosby & the Pens are in town, the game is soldout, he's a huge draw in a billion-dollar business and it is the same for other venues as well.

Honestly, it is damn tough for the other teams to score when the Penguins possess the puck on offense, which may ultimately be the best defense but referring to Crosby as "Alexei Yashin" or some other gutless Russian is over-the-top!
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 4, 2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Is hockey still a billion dollar business?
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Maple Leafs alone are worth over 1/2 billion according to Forbes.

see photosGetty ImagesClick for full photo gallery: NHL Team Values More business is boosting National Hockey League team values but climbing player costs are eroding the sport's profitability. The average hockey team is now worth $240 million, 5% more than last year due to a 5% increase in revenue during the [...]

Vegas' $500 million expansion fee and higher valuations for teams in all sports have boosted hockey team values by a steep 15% over last year.

Comment

• I was thinking of revenue
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Team Ikea beats the Blues........3-2 in a shootout. Wings regulation goals by Franzen.....beautiful assists from Datsyuk. Damn non-West Greenlanders......

Comment

• Originally posted by madootra View Post
                          Team Ikea beats the Blues........3-2 in a shootout. Wings regulation goals by Franzen.....beautiful assists from Datsyuk. Damn non-West Greenlanders......
                          I've been meaning to ask---"Team Ikea"?

Helluva comeback tonight by the Red Wings! 0-0 most of the way, then a 5-minute major/game misconduct giving Detroit a golden opportunity, which they screw up badly---first giving up a SH goal, then taking a dumb penalty themselves to make it a 4-on-4, which the Blues capitalize on to make it 2-0 with under 10 minutes to go. Wings flipped the switch "ON" at that point, though, thanks to the Mule (yes---great assists by the REAL WORLD'S GREATEST HOCKEY PLAYER), then dominate OT to no avail, finally winning the shoot-out on the final turn, with Bertuzzi scoring the only goal post-regulation to get the Wings a HUGE extra point to keep them in 4th.

2 games left in the regular season, if I'm correct...

GO WINGS !!!
                          Last edited by Rob F; April 4, 2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• I've been meaning to ask---"Team Ikea"?

OP's attempt to be clever in his assessment of the Wing's non-Canadian roster.

Comment

• Packy, where you at? Gutsy road win as the Blues fold in the third. Of course it took a Canadian to actually score and secure the win. Glad to see Datsyuk finally show, point ahead of Nashville with two to go.
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 4, 2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Of course it took a Canadian to actuall score and win.

You mean the same thug that broke someone's neck? I love how you give no credit to Franzen. What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X