No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's the real season, with goaltending, health, and luck playing huge parts.

FIFY

Home ice means nothing in the playoffs, as usual Hannibal is down on the Wings before the season even starts. Wings in 7

Are you this pessimistic in every aspect of your life?

Can you say chemiclord? :-)

Comment

• Heh.....

Comment

• The Wings have literally been the worst team in the league the past month. They are about on par with the Columbus Blue Jackets right now. I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't seen the Wings look this bad for as long a period of time as this since the 1980s.

Comment

• ?!?

I have no problem being the "fly in the Wings' ointment" but honestly Hanni there are a few games yet to be played but over an 82 game season is there any real or material difference among the top 1/2 dozen teams other than a few more Wings road wins? I don't think there is a team among the League 30 that has more playoff experience than Detroit?

Final Standings (wins)
          NYR 51 wins
          Vancouver 50 wins
          Pittsburgh 51 wins
          Boston 49 wins
          Detroit 48 wins
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 7, 2012, 06:24 PM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by madootra View Post
            Are you this pessimistic in every aspect of your life? OP is right....it's a new season, with goaltending, health, and luck playing huge parts.
            No, although I see how it may seem that way, with my recent posts on the Wings and M Bball I'm actually a positive person regarding all things non-sports.

Just a disappointing end to the regular season for both, after early season success. Was quite the collapse (IMO)for the Wings to end up out of at least the 4 spot in the playoffs.
            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              FIFY
              as usual Hannibal is down on the Wings before the season even starts.
              :-)
              I am not always down on the Wings, but I have been that way the last few years though.

Comment

• as usual Hannibal is down on the Wings
                What he does in his spare time is his business
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• LOL

We've been a top 5 team for over 20 years now....we have 48 fucking wins......anything can happen in the playoffs......you guys are Buzz Killington's. Enjoy the success we HAVE.....Championships are bonuses.

Geez...........;-)

Comment

• Trust me, I'm okay with just getting out of the first round most years.

Comment

• And we may very well do that....and if not? /shrug......I still have watched Datsyuk school people, Lidstrom play better than 98% of defensemen, Franzen score 30, Kronwall cream people......Zetterberg play as well as he has in years the last month....Filppula play great..Hudler get a groove going........Holmstrom dominate in front of the net....and a bunch of Canadians play like shit. ;-)

Comment

• As little boy I thought Michigan under Bo could and would win every game. Going into the playoffs I know the Wings wont win every game, but as im watching the games - I expect them too. Wings in 7

Comment

• From a selfish point of view im always happy to see the Wings play left coast teams so I don't have to juggle my work hours to watch the games live.

Comment

• Wings have only scored 8 goals in their last 6 games which is troubling. Damn shame Rudalov the Russian Defector returned with fresh legs, I still give the edge to a Detroit man-for-man less the goaltenders. Travel to Tennessee is a good news instead of heading west. Wings playoff grit takes it in 6 or 7.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 7, 2012, 10:19 PM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Wings have only scored 8 goals in their last 6 games which is troubling.
                              Don't matter, how many times do I have to tell you guys? Its the season that counts now, the 2008 team went through a horrible slump before the playoffs. NHL regular season is a glorified exhibition season, you really have to suck not to continue.

Philly vs Cindy - Blues and Sharks - all this in the first round. As Mickey would say Oh Boy!

Comment

• Philly vs Pitt is the best matchup. Shittiest is probably Florida vs New Joisey. I just noticed Florida has a -24 goal differential. And they have home ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X