No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luongo finally comes up big in a big game. That save he had on Chicago's OT power play was the game.

Comment

Wow. This is already the most entertaining playoffs I can remember. It seems every game is down to the wire or at least a hell of a battle. Crawford was amazing tonight and deserved the win. I was really pulling for Chicago because A. I'd rather the Wings face the Preds, and B. The riots in Vancouver would have been entertaining.

Funny that the Wings are traveling the exact same path as last year - Coyotes then Sharks. I like our chances against San Jose much more this time around. The Sharks D is shaky, IMO, and Thornton is easily neutralized. It's time for San Jose to re-claim their place on the mantle of annual under-achievers.

Comment

Throw the Sedin Sisters up on that mantle as well. Should have been the biggest game of their lives but they fail to deliver a single point...takes Canadian Alex Burrows two goal effort to deliver Vancouver including the game-wining OT goal!

Chicago shut down Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin, limiting the twins to a combined three points and a minus-13 rating over the last four games of the series.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Promsing update on Z from the Detroit News:

Henrik Zetterberg (sprained left knee) practiced a second consecutive day, and there's little doubt he'll be ready to start Round 2.
          Zetterberg missed the first round after being hurt April 6.
          "I'm really excited to get going," said Zetterberg, who is adjusting to wearing a knee brace. "It definitely helped we swept Phoenix and we had this extra week to be on the ice and get back in shape.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110426/...#ixzz1Kk6PFwqT

Comment

Definitely good news!

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
              Throw the Sedin Sisters up on that mantle as well. Should have been the biggest game of their lives but they fail to deliver a single point...takes Canadian Alex Burrows two goal effort to deliver Vancouver including the game-wining OT goal!

Chicago shut down Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin, limiting the twins to a combined three points and a minus-13 rating over the last four games of the series.
              I couldn't believe when Daniel passed up that shot from the low slot late in regulation. A team might get 2 or 3 chances like that a game and he was too afraid to shoot the puck and passed to his brother at the side of the net. And how about Luongo's comments before Game 7? It doesn't matter who starts in goal because "Schneider is just as good as I am". What? Can you imagine Patrick Roy saying something like that? If someone suggested that to him before a huge game they'd be eating their next meal through a tube.

Habs-Bruins game 7 tonight! Doesn't get much better than that! I am completely cracked out on these playoffs watching 2 games a day.

Comment

Penguins-Lightning tonight, too, right? Game 7s always good, no matter who's playing.

Comment

Mike, Caught the first period, DVR'd the balance will watch tonight!!

OP: Ryan Ellis has won best defenseman in the ohl for his second time. Spits down 3-1 to owen sound in the series. Nobody expected the Spits to make this far after winning the Memorial cup two years in a row.

Ellis had 11 games in the NHL already with Nashville, no? George He's a hell of a player, wonder if he is big enough for the Majors?
                  Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 27, 2011, 01:09 PM.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Two game 7s tonight makes four in this first round. I can't remember the last time that a first round had four game 7s.

Versus says that round two starts tomrorow night. No rest for the weary. Good thing the Red Wings ended their series in 4. If they play tomorrow, Santa Josie still only gets two nights of rest.

Comment

• Careful, the Sharks will actually showup for this series. Man-for-man Boston is the better team and should take Montreal.... but the Habs are 6-1 in game Sevens!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        No rest for the weary. Good thing the Red Wings ended their series in 4. If they play tomorrow, Santa Josie still only gets two nights of rest.
                        Yep. Sweeping in the first round was huge.

Comment

• Ellis had 11 games in the NHL already with Nashville, no? George He's a hell of a player, wonder if he is big enough for the Majors?

Picked 11th overall in the first round by nashville 2009. 5' 9" 179 lbs

I believe he was at their camp last fall, but other than world junior at Christmas, he has played regularly for Windsor. He has been a winner everywhere he goes and picks up alot of hardware along the way. I'm assuming he has a decent shot to make the nhl.

Comment

• Boston is choking away another one.

Comment

• Boston knocks my Habs out in 7, without a healthy Markov on defense it was only a matter of time for Montreal.

No doubt George, for two World Jr Tournaments, Ellis was the best defensemen at the Tournament, earning MVP and scoring championship for D men. He is stud just wish he weighed 200 lbs @ 6 feet. Drafted 11th overall is huge and he did play a few exhibition games and will be in their lineup next fall.

Comment

• That's a tough one after winning the first two in Boston, OP. Who are you rooting for the rest of the way?

Comment

Working...
                                X