No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure you "pronounce" better than he "spells".......

If I was a Pittsburgh Cindy fan, I'd probably drink too!

Comment

• The Pens and their Young Captain got bounced, no question but they will be back for plenty more playoff runs.....as I said over a month ago, Philly is playing well and I wouldn't want to open the first round against them, even without Pronger. Oh well, on to next year.

BTW That Weber is a Wings Killer!
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 15, 2012, 10:28 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The Pens and there Young Captain

How often is "young" going to be the adjective? I mean come on, he's been in the league for what...6-7 years?

BTW.....it's their....

Comment

• How many in here are U-M alums? Their former profs have to be twitching.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• And a sober goodnight to all.....

The genesis for Sidney Crosby's fight with Claude Giroux in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal was when the Pittsburgh Penguins captain pushed away Philadelphia Flyers forward Jakub Voracek's glove as he was trying to retrieve it. Crosby and … Continue reading →

Comment

• Vancouver just lost to LA again. The President cup winners are now down 0-3

Comment

• Wow PackFan, spent the better part of the day and evening boating in the Bahamas, initially was going to stay overnight in Bimini so naturally I decided to record the games although I was getting periodic updates on my phone. Frankly after the disappointment and carnage , tough to watch.

Vancouver & Pittsburgh are done and the Wings will likely follow. Countless players will tell you, if you are going to get upset, it's in the first round.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The Wings have proven over the years they can get knocked out in any round.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by madootra View Post
                    Crosby was, admittedly, a huge whiner when he became a pro......and Bettman, and the NHL , shoved him in our faces every fucking chance they got. I remember watching a broadcast that essentially followed Crosby on every stoppage of play....on or off the ice, as the announcers gushed about his play. He quickly, and deservedly developed a reputation as a diver, a whiner, a dirty player, and a gutless pussy. People notice things.....and when you combine everything together......you have what we have.
                    If there's one good thing about the Wings being in the Western Conference it's that Cindy sitings in Michigan are usually limited to the placemats at Tim Hortons- and a well-placed cup of hot coffee usually does a good job of covering those.

I saw all I needed to see about Crosby when he completely lost it in Game 5 of the Finals a few years back. There's no doubt that there's talent there, but acting like a spoiled little baby is not the sign of a leader, as the Captain of a respectable NHL should be. Screw Pittsburgh for letting this stand. I can't imagine any Wings' Captain would ever act like Crosby.

Comment

• ITA with Madootra and Tom. I have plenty of respect for Alexi's offensive skills but his constant whining, lack of back-checking, and general disregard for all the gritty aspects of the game are a huge black-eye on what should otherwise be a stellar reputation. It's almost like Sidney Yashin and the Pens have a sense of entitlement. I wonder where that came from! Anyway, it's always nice to see a team full of classless punks receive their comeuppance.

Question: If both the Cannucks and frozen chickens get swept in the first round, will Canada have a national day of mourning? Flags at half mast... that sort of thing?

As for the Wings, I wouldn't count them out just yet. If they can put togther a complete game they will be tough for Nashville to beat. They were on fire after Datsyuk's goal yesterday (an example of a player who does the little things, btw) but just couldn't get the equalizer. If Franzen's shot beats the clock at the end of the second, the Wings are probably up 2-1 right now. Oh well.

Dustin Brown is quickly becoming one of my favorite non-Red Wings in the NHL. They guy does it all - scores, hits, plays defense - and never bitches like a little girl when things don't go his way. LA is for real and I completely underestimated them. Getting Jeff Carter and Mike Richards made them a real contender for a deep playoff run. Jonathon Quick is one of the top 3 goalies in the league right now and stopped all 41 Cannuck shots he faced last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by madootra View Post
                        Crosby was, admittedly, a huge whiner when he became a pro......and Bettman, and the NHL , shoved him in our faces every fucking chance they got. I remember watching a broadcast that essentially followed Crosby on every stoppage of play....on or off the ice, as the announcers gushed about his play. He quickly, and deservedly developed a reputation as a diver, a whiner, a dirty player, and a gutless pussy. People notice things.....and when you combine everything together......you have what we have.

I need a clapping smilie...
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'd like to see the Pens with a couple of games in that series since it is the most exciting series in a long time.

Vancouver about to get swept is a huge shock.

Comment

• I'm not for any momentum changes when it comes to the pens...

Comment

• Sadness in Canuck-land. I will give the people up here props. I've still seen a bunch of people walking around in Vancouver jerseys, hats, shirts, etc.

You would never see that percentage of representation in LA if one of their teams was down 3-0, not even the lakes.

Comment

• difference is in LA, they have other shirts. Candians don't

Comment

Working...
                                X