No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for the Wings, I wouldn't count them out just yet. If they can put togther a complete game they will be tough for Nashville to beat. They were on fire after Datsyuk's goal yesterday (an example of a player who does the little things, btw) but just couldn't get the equalizer. If Franzen's shot beats the clock at the end of the second, the Wings are probably up 2-1 right now. Oh well.

Sadly, Detroit’s best effort wasn’t good enough, particularly because Preds goalie Pekka Rinne stood on his head for the second half of the game.
    If the glass is half empty for the Wings, they’re in big trouble. Even a dominant effort at home, where Detroit was unstoppable this season, wasn’t enough to win, even outshooting your opponent by 2-1 margin. Wings now forced to win 3 of the next 4 and with that atrocious road record? If Nashville's powerplay continues to come to life, it's over for the soft Swedes.

Damn shame, Zitterburger didn't have the balls to face Weber, Babcock elected to send the 37 year-old Bertuzzi instead to defend Wings' honor. Suppose he could of sent a couple Swedes to jump Weber, preferably from behind but the thought of all that hair-pulling and eye-scratching would have been too embarrassing for the Wings' Coach.

How did Weber respond, took his game to the next level.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 16, 2012, 04:52 PM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Good thing I never played hockey. I wouldn't have dropped the gloves. I just would have slashed him across the ankles.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• AnyClip is redefining the way we use video. We transform traditional video into video that is dynamic and intelligent - learn more here.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Even a dominant effort at home, where Detroit was unstoppable this season, wasn’t enough to win, even outshooting your opponent by 2-1 margin. Wings now forced to win 3 of the next 4 and with that atrocious road record?
          Still basing your facts with the meaningless preseason regular season OP? Especially after seeing Vancouver and Cindy go down in flames, I would have thought you would have listened to me by now? I guess you will never learn :-)

Comment

• Vancouver has scored 4 goals in 3 playoff games, Danny Sedin now heads to LA to join the Canucks, a little too late.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Especially after seeing Vancouver and Cindy go down in flames..

Actually the YOUNG Captain Crosby has a share of the team lead in scoring, with five points, and despite playing for a Pittsburgh Penguins team that has allowed a franchise record 19 goals in three games, is only a minus-1. So from a statistical point of view, you can't pin a whole lot of the Penguins Round 1 problems on Sidney Crosby.

Let's not forget at 21, Crosby is the YOUNGEST captain to win a Stanley Cup and there will be MANY more opportunities. Obviously, a total defensive collapse by Pittsburgh, terrible goaltending and lack of composure have hurt the club.

The Malkin NO-SHOW is not a surprise but certainly a disappointment, he will collect the Hart MVP but it is damn obviously it should go to 3 or 4 other guys that have actually produced in the "money round", playoffs in addition to the regular season.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 16, 2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                Good thing I never played hockey. I wouldn't have dropped the gloves. I just would have slashed him across the ankles.
                Liney my friend, you don't mean that because you'd be grouped with those gutless dirty European softies. Their weapon of choice ALWAYS is the stick. For EXAMPLE, Freezin is quick to draw his "weapon" on the defenseless Predators' bench...often foundly referred to as the "mule", I only see a another gutless European jackass! Disgraceful...put him the Weber list.

[youtube]YhwXw5pzZG4[/youtube]
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 16, 2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• OP is just sad because his Montreal Canadiens have been a laughingstock since their last Cup in 1993. Since then Detroit has been to 6 Finals, won 4 Cups, and made a couple more conference finals while winning numerous President's Trophies along the way. Actually Montreal has been such a fucking disgrace and embarrassment to the sport, he had to hitch his horse to the Alexi Crosby band wagon. Now that they've gone down in flames he has no other option than failed attempts to besmirch the finest franchise in professional sports.

I believe those "soft" Swedes you refer to play north of the border in Vancouver. Detroit's Swedes include one of the greatest defensemen to ever play the game - the first European Captain to win the Cup , a couple of 4 time Cup champions, and 2 Conn Smythe Trophy winners. Not to mention one of the most prolific playoff goal scores of the last 5 years and one of the biggest hitters in the league.
                  Last edited by Mike; April 16, 2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Amused reader......;-)

Comment

• I'd slash you too, Maddie ... :-)
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That seems so UN-menacing with the ice cream store logo as an avtar
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Nice sucker punch to the back of the head by #87 around the :45 mark. What an ass.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_KNOLeTlBI&feature=related"]Why People Hate Sidney Crosby and Pen's Fans - YouTube[/ame]
                          Last edited by Mike; April 16, 2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• This is just stunning and it only scratches the surface. How any self-respecting hockey fan can root for this guy is mind boggling. His idol growing up must have been Claude Lemeuix - the only other hockey player who more closely resembled a striker for team France than an NHLer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sboI7oS9iZg&feature=related"]Whine & Dive with Sidney Crosby - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Seriously. How can you not be completely embarrassed to act like this? Alexi has no shame. NONE. He's even hated in OP's beloved Montreal where - despite owning one of the worst teams in the league - they at least know gutless hockey when they see it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMOgpRzepP8&feature=related"]Sidney Crosby beautiful dive after theres a scrap - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• You know that Pittsburgh fan who is dressed up as Hulk Hogan. Well I could hear this video in Philly after the fights on the TV. lol I wonder what Bettman thinks about all this? Fighting and violence is way up and so are the ratings.

[YOUTUBE]YDxi3Y_5uu8[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                                X