No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to argue, many say Maurice Richard. I'd have to say Gartner may have been the fastest but Lafleur was also one of the most exciting players ever to watch because of his speed and goal scoring guys I saw play anyway.

I'd Add Bure, Messier, Dionne a few others.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 26, 2012, 07:12 PM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Here's one for you

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JrLiq1KvRc"]Guy Lafleur's 250th Goal - YouTube[/ame]

and one for Bobby

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv0-9Wi713o"]Bobby Orr - YouTube[/ame]
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZjBvMncouU"]Top 10 Most Skilled Hockey Players Of All-Time [Part 1/2] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXemlGWOH6k"]Top 10 Most Skilled Hockey Players Of All-Time [Part 2/2] - YouTube[/ame]
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Rangers advance......

Comment

• Thank God wait till next year Canada ;-)

Comment

• Canadian teams just don't seem to have it. I'd like to see one break through, so long as it's not at the Red Wings' expense.

Comment

• But it's Canada's Game!

Comment

• It's now a solid 20 years since a Canadian team has won the Cup. No wonder they love the World Juniors so much ;)

Comment

• Heh.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      It's now a solid 20 years since a Canadian team has won the Cup. No wonder they love the World Juniors so much ;)

I will never forget, was small kid rode my bike 40 km to the Cow Barn (Edmonton Gardens) which is actually across the street from Edmonton Coliseum. Anyway 1981, Canada Cup open practices of Team Canada followed by The Soviet Union, beyond remarkable. Never had I ever seen such skill, speed, grace, precision and excellence in one arena....passing drills at full game speed.

In particular,"The Dream Line" of Guy Lafleur, Gilbert Parreault & 19 year old kid named Wayne Gretzky.

My friend and I ended up walking home with flat tire, with smiles on our faces....Yes it's Canada's game whether it's the NHL/Summit Series/Canada Cup/World Cup/Olympics, it's part of the moral fabric of the Nation and will always mean everything!
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 28, 2012, 12:30 PM.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Its sad to see OP have to go back a quarter of a century :-) with La Sainte-Flanelle to find some enjoyment as we go into the second round of the playoffs.

If Brendan Shanahan Gary Bettman would have done the right thing and suspended Shea Weber, it could have been a different series. Instead screwing the Red Wing was first priority.

Punishment for cheap shots in the other playoffs games has been picking out a piece of paper with numbers out of a hat. I have lost all respect for Shanahan, who I really liked as a player. He is now ... just another Cashman - another - 'yes" man to Bettman.. Shame on him.
                        Last edited by WingsFan; April 29, 2012, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• I thought you were taller than that PackFan.

Comment

• vitriolic criticism aside Packy, Team Ikea lost because they were outmuscled by a younger, faster team with far more grit, the Swedes simply couldn't match Nashville's physicality. As for Weber, he respsoned to the slash then crosscheck from behind by Zetterberg with honorable hand-to-hand combat, sadly Hank wilted when taken to task, you should let it go.

Last, forced to drop the "HAMMER" early this year but here it is, surprise that the remaining 8 teams left in the playoffs are heavily stocked with Canadians, just the facts. Remember it's a game by Canadians, primarily for Canadians and a few Yanks residing in civilized states south of the 49th parallel! Wherever a player draws a paycheck Packy matters little, Canadians will be delivering another champinship and you are welcome. 8)

BTW 4 of the last 7 Stanley Cup Finals were played by teams that just happened to be domiciled in Canada.

Phoenix Coyotes:
                              CDN 24
                              USA 5
                              CZE 4
                              SWE 2
                              RUS 1
                              FIN 1
                              DEN 1

LA Kings:
                              CDN 15
                              USA 7
                              SWE 0
                              SLO 1
                              RUS 2

St. Louis Blues
                              CDN 17
                              USA 5
                              CZE 2
                              SWE 1
                              RUS 1
                              SVK 1

Philadelphia Flyers
                              CDN 17
                              USA 5
                              CZE 3
                              SWE 3
                              RUS 2
                              DEN 1
                              FIN 1

Nashville Predators
                              CDN 11
                              USA 8
                              SWE 2
                              BLR 2
                              RUS 1
                              SUI 1
                              FIN 1
                              CZE 1

New York Rangers
                              CDN 11
                              USA 9
                              SWE 3
                              RUS 1
                              UKR 1
                              NOR 1

Washington Capitols
                              CDN 13
                              USA 4
                              SWE 3
                              RUS 2
                              CZE 3

NJ Devils
                              CDN 9
                              USA 7
                              SWE 4
                              CZE 3
                              RUS 2
                              UKR 1
                              LTU 1

Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 29, 2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix has 38 players on their roster? Huh....no wonder they look fresh.

3 out of the 8 have more Non-West Greenlanders (NY, Nash, NJ), and really none (notwithstanding the obviously incorrect Phoenix numbers) have a very clear majority.
                                Thanks for showing once again, that players from other than North-North Dakota are equal to them. Good thing the National Sport of Canda, eh...... is lacrosse.

Comment

Working...
                                X