No announcement yet.

All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read a tweet that "reported" that and may vacate 4 years of wins.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Just heard a rumor that ND has forfeited every game its played and disbanded the football team for good. Scandal is rated second worse in history of sport, just behind Tattoogate.

Comment

• Lol.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Watching ND's elusive presser. The President keeps saying that this is an academic issue, not an athletic one. So why is Jack Swarbrick standing right there with you?

Comment

• Big thing we learned is that the players aren't actually gone yet.

Comment

• If those players end up gone, there goes 3 starters and a backup LB that has had playing time.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

And the sec is rolling on the floor laughing...
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah.

The SEC is probably saying, "Hey ND... if you really want to cheat, why don't you just ask us? We'll show you how to do it with the NCAA's blessing" ..
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Sad day for M football when we wait with bated breath to see if a team loses 4 significant players so that we can at least have a 50-50 chance of winning.

Comment

• Indeed

But it is what it is, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Honestly, what's with this ND self-castigation, simply follow the SEC & Ohio Sate precedent......deny, counter accuse, stonewall, lawyer up, refuse to cooperate, overwhelm the NCAA and/or blame Michigan.

The fault actually lies with ESPN and spending 10 billion on college football over 5 years, that kind of cash injection has changed the game forever.

Enjoy your $16 Latte & Domino's* breadsticks during Michigan's season opener.

* You honestly thought DB came no strings attached?
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 16, 2014, 06:10 PM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                          ...Enjoy your $16 Latte & Domino's* breadsticks during Michigan's season opener...

That would be breadstick (singular). Gads man, realign your priorities to revenue maximization!
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Good ND preview on the mgoblog podcast from yesterday with an ND blogger. He thinks that the suspensions really hurt. ND has suffered a lot of attrition in recent years and they have some huge holes in the depth chart, especially at LB. Their starting WLB is a position switcher in his first year. The starting MIKE is a walk-on and the guy replacing Ishaq Williams will probably be a true freshman.

Comment

• So you are saying we have a chance?

I like what coach Nuss has done with Gardner. Imagine an OC that has won a national title that's also a former NFL QB, especially when compared to Borges!

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Yeah but you could post the same picture with Borges in there. It's just that Borges would take up more of the picture.

Srsly, the idea of Nussmeier seems a no-brainer. He has a track record of getting big noticeable improvements out of experienced by ineffective QBs. But the reports lately are that Gardner's mechanics are still a mess. And Mattison was once a no-brainer idea too. It starts at the top. If Nussmeier ends up like Mattison, less less effective than in the past, we know where to look.

Increasingly I wonder about the strength-and-conditioning aspect. If D Green is running at 220 this year, why the heck was he allowed to run at 240 last year? Is there an explanation for that that? Looks to me like one more area where Hoke's lack of attention to detail and unwillingness to explore every possible competitive advantage is hurting the program.

Then again, to be fair, nobody questions Beilein's approach to S&C, and the narrative on McGary is that he wasn't effective until the tournament b/c of dietary habits. I'm not sure I accept that. Something else may have been going on, and I always wondered about an injury hurting his lift and the back flaring up a few months later kinda fuels that suspicion. But, if true that diet played a role and Mitch was too tubby, that does acquit Hoke to a small extent re Green.

Comment

Working...
                                X