Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes it only takes 1 man to change a program.*

*see Bo Schembeckler , 1969.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Yeah, well your argument is blown out of the water in light of the fact that Dick Rod brought in the "guru" of fitness and look how that equated with victories. (But then again it is a Hack observation so that explains the idiocy of it.)

Comment

• It's not just one variable but several of them, and you can nail one or two but you need to get all of them. Most people know this. You may be different.

Comment

• Your post spoke of a lack of conditioning and diet as a direct correlation to performance. I merely pointed out that you are full of shit. What's the problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Yeah but you could post the same picture with Borges in there. It's just that Borges would take up more of the picture.
            Not necessarily. Nussmeier is visibly more hands-on. It looks like he is constantly coaching and correcting. His style looks way different from Borges's.

Srsly, the idea of Nussmeier seems a no-brainer. He has a track record of getting big noticeable improvements out of experienced by ineffective QBs. But the reports lately are that Gardner's mechanics are still a mess. And Mattison was once a no-brainer idea too. It starts at the top. If Nussmeier ends up like Mattison, less less effective than in the past, we know where to look.

Increasingly I wonder about the strength-and-conditioning aspect. If D Green is running at 220 this year, why the heck was he allowed to run at 240 last year? Is there an explanation for that that? Looks to me like one more area where Hoke's lack of attention to detail and unwillingness to explore every possible competitive advantage is hurting the program.

Then again, to be fair, nobody questions Beilein's approach to S&C, and the narrative on McGary is that he wasn't effective until the tournament b/c of dietary habits. I'm not sure I accept that. Something else may have been going on, and I always wondered about an injury hurting his lift and the back flaring up a few months later kinda fuels that suspicion. But, if true that diet played a role and Mitch was too tubby, that does acquit Hoke to a small extent re Green.
            It's not just Green. Through last year, it looked like a lot of our guys were consistently failing to put on the 15-30 lbs of muscle that is required to take them from undersized high school seniors to college ready players. Guys like Erik Magnusson and Jack Miller, who were visibly undersized and underpowered. There have been others. I started to have serious doubts about the strength and conditioning last year while watching Jack Miller get blown up by MAC caliber DTs. The LOS in the MSU game was a bloodbath. Our guys looked small, slow, and weak.
            Last edited by Hannibal; August 22, 2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Michigan opens as a 4 1/2 to 6 point under dog.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Sorry, I didn't have any time to post last week for the opener. Let's get this thread going in Mike's honor.

Notre Dame blowout tonight! Get your green and gold on! :D
                3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• That's probably the best fortune telling I've ever done in my life.

On to the biggest Big 10 rival left for now, Purdue!!!

Comment

• Mike would have been very happy tonight. I'll miss his post game comments.

RIP Mike.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I was sweating at the end. Golson saved his best play of the game for that TD throw.

Notre Dame - Florida State in two weeks after they put away North Carolina next week. I feel good knowing that FS does not have anywhere near the defense Stanford has even though they have a more potent offense. FS defense is currently #39. Notre Dame is currently #3. Should be a great game.

Go Irish!

Comment

• I had heard that Clash had died. He was my favorite ND fan. He will be missed.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Mike was one of the good guys.

We miss him around here.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No doubt. Enjoyed talking ball with him. He could love his team without hating yours, which is rare these days.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Damn. ND has totally tanked. They were probably overrated to begin with, but day-umn.

Comment

• Kelley's had one fluke season; four years of 4+ losses

Comment

Working...
                                X