No announcement yet.

All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't mean to dismiss Hinton. He's a good / sound coach...just that I don't think we'll have an issue replacing him. Also, he was a so-so recruiter.

Warriner on the other hand, had an immediate and dramatic effect on our OL play. Granted, he walked into a very good situation in terms of talent and depth (credit to Weis), but in terms of performance, the previous staff never came close to what Warriner did with those guys.

Comment

• Warriner's been a very good coach for a long time. I was surprised at first he's the position coach and Tom Herman has been hired as offensive coordinator(Warriner was a terrific OC at Kansas), but that sort of fits Urban Meyer's profile-- he's done very well hiring younger guys as coordinators and sticking with more experienced position coaches.

Comment

• didn't want to be left out, so....

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          didn't want to be left out, so....

Of course not Entropy...I had almost forgotten that the State of Nebraska had take a pilgrimage to the worlds college football mecca.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
            Warriner's been a very good coach for a long time. I was surprised at first he's the position coach and Tom Herman has been hired as offensive coordinator(Warriner was a terrific OC at Kansas), but that sort of fits Urban Meyer's profile-- he's done very well hiring younger guys as coordinators and sticking with more experienced position coaches.

Again, losing Warriner is easily my biggest concern headed into the off-season...even more so than our black hole at QB.

As I understand it, Warriner already has a brother at the OSU athletic department and another brother who is a HS coach nearby. The wife's family is also near Columbus which would certainly ease alot of the family stress over working hours.

Alot of ND fans are bitching that we lost Warriner due to lack of assistant pay, but I'm not buying it. I know that used to be a real issue at ND, but Swarbrick is making all the moves he can to get this program back and competitive with the elite...

...still, I'm sure OSU had to make a pricey offer...which they've proven they are willing to do.

Comment

• T, Our coach(es) met with Decker yesterday, and word is that he's holding for now. He's rattled and somewhat shaken, but not like he was when he got the news. In short, he's still ours, but we're not necessarily out of the woods.

What are you hearing?

Comment

• I've read the same thing from Berk you probably have, Clash. Nothing different. It would seem that it's over. Too bad, really, he's the best OT prospect in the state, IMO. Man, the old staff really f'd the recruitment of Decker, Dodson and Dymonte Thomas, all of whom Bollman had responsibility for. Meh.

WRT Warriner (and assistant coaches), as I understand it, part of the deal in getting UFM to Columbus was a significant assistant coach budget. Warriner is getting paid.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I've read the same thing from Berk you probably have, Clash. Nothing different. It would seem that it's over. Too bad, really, he's the best OT prospect in the state, IMO. Man, the old staff really f'd the recruitment of Decker, Dodson and Dymonte Thomas, all of whom Bollman had responsibility for. Meh.

WRT Warriner (and assistant coaches), as I understand it, part of the deal in getting UFM to Columbus was a significant assistant coach budget. Warriner is getting paid.

Notre Dame fans have learned that hard way...repeatedly...not to consider these things "over" until the kid has signed or is on campus. Having said that, additional sources are coming out saying that Decker is solid with us, but that he is quite interested in knowing who his position coach is going to be. Not at all unreasonable...I would like to know too.

Unconfirmed mssg board rumors of three candidates. George Barnett currently the OL at Illi St. Easily the least impressive resume, though he is young and has coached Grand Valley's OL under our new OC. Mitch Browning who coached OL at Minnesota under Glen Mason...and doesn't seem to have done shit since. Finally, Joe Wickline at Oklahoma St. Easily the most impressive of the three...perhaps even an upgrade over Warriner...but I don't see that one panning out.

Comment

• Tyler Eifert to forgo the NFL draft and return for his Sr. season at ND. He had been projected as a late 2nd / early 3rd round pick.

Will offer some steady veteran hands for a rookie QB.

Comment

• "Notre Dame has given coach Brian Kelly a two-year contract extension that will keep him with the Irish through the 2016 season.
                      Athletic director Jack Swarbrick announced the decision Tuesday. He says he is pleased with the progress of the program during Kelly's first two seasons after being hired to replace Charlie Weis.

Ah yes. Swarbrick embraces mediocrity. but I guess after White's giving Tuna Weis a ten year extension after LOSING to USC, Swarbrick's burning of NBC's cash looks more than reasonable. So what do you think the over-under is that Kelly strokes out on the sidelines screaming obscenities to his QB whoever that sad loser may be?

Comment

• ND is sitting on a $7 Billion endowment. Despite all the noise you folks make about conference revenues and how ND is missing out on some kind of payday everytime we throw your invite in the garbage...money just isn't an issue.

Comment

• The issue will be ND's access to future bowl games and some kind of play-off. I'm not convinced ND has the clout any longer to sit at the table and make demands for special consideration. The program has been irrelevant on the national scene for more than a decade. Is NBC going to continue to shell out big bucks for TV ratings that will go down the crapper?
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• they have for the last 10 years ...
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              The issue will be ND's access to future bowl games and some kind of play-off. I'm not convinced ND has the clout any longer to sit at the table and make demands for special consideration. The program has been irrelevant on the national scene for more than a decade. Is NBC going to continue to shell out big bucks for TV ratings that will go down the crapper?

Access to bowl games yes. Maintaining non-football sports via conference affiliation yes. NBC contract...no. You guys have been calling for the demise of that deal for 20+ years now. NBC last re-negotiated following the '07 season...our worst in decades. Both Fox Sports Net & TNT are right behind NBC willing to cut a deal...NBC has never let it come close to that.

Comment

• That's because NBC is owned by the Vatican ...

::::removes tinfoil hat::::
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X