No announcement yet.

All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the ACC just signed a TV deal? And in any event, the ACC is only going to get 3 ND games, at the most, per year for its TV deal (presumably, ND will play 2/3, 3/2 home/away split). The others go to NBC.

So, query--the ACC is 2-13 in BCS Bowls -- are they now 2-16?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They also get them for basketball...
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• ND is shit for basketball. Syracuse was a bigger addition. And basketball is 5th fiddle to football....with there being no 2nd, 3rd or 4th...

Comment

• Cuse has more fans than ND??

Comment

• Notre Dame confirms what we've all known for a long time; Big 10 = money jonesing crackwhores.

"In any short-term way there's no financial benefit," the official said. "If we wanted to do something for money we would have joined the Big Ten. What it's really about is postseason play."

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• And the BIG saying no to what the ACC gave you...

Perhaps the BIG teams can stop playing ND too... That way ND is free from any of their money

Comment

• Cuse has more fans than ND??
                I think Syracuse is a bigger basketball draw than Notre Dame, yes. By far, IMO.

Comment

• Disagree... I'd bet ND still has a ton of fans watching.

I guess we will see if the ACC changes their contracts.

Comment

• Notre Dame isn't an ubiquitous all-sports brand. It's Notre Dame Football. Like Texas Football. USC Football. There's plenty of stuff out the on "most popular" colllege basketball teams and most valuable college basketball teams.

Syracuse >>>>> Notre Dame

Comment

• BTW, here is Nate Silver's study on most popular CFB teams (and a pretty good indication of ND wouldn't want to join the B10): http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...-nytimessports

Comment

• UNL is low. I wonder how he defined population? No way Iowa is more popular than Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          What's the point? I mean -- who gives a shit if Note Dame lacrosse is part of the ACC?
                          Rick Reilly tweeted...

Notre Dame is an ACC member in every sport but football. In other news, Kate Upton is your girlfriend in every way but sex.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• UNL is low. I wonder how he defined population? No way Iowa is more popular than Nebraska
                            He explains it. I could see Iowa and UNL being close. What he doesn't really measure is, for lack of a better word, passion or quality.

And LOL at Rick Reilly. So true.

Comment

• From a fairly reliable OSU insider...

Michigan, Michigan State and Purdue will announce shortly that they are dropping ND from their schedules....

Michigan will attempt to start scheduling USC....

Michigan State will attempt to start scheduling Va Tech....

Purdue is undecided, but Maryland could be a likely suitor.....

stay tuned.....
                              All disclaimers and such that go along with "insider" claims.

Comment

• SC would be great! M would lose every other year but still...
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X