No announcement yet.

All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. I don't think I've cricticized conservative earlier this year.

Comment

• I'm totally confused, how can ND be considered for the nat'l championship game? I mean I just checked and they didn't play ONE game against someone from the SEC. I mean, not even one!

Georgia played a bunch and so therefore should be in the championship game. Duh...
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• No shit! Losses to SEC teams don't really count, so it's like Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU & SC are all really undefeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Anyway, the season now has a remarkably predictable outcome. ND vs SEC Champ.
          You just jinxed us...

As an OSU fan, I wonder if OSU had been bowl eligible if the would be #2. Personally, I think not, though I think they'd be well-ahead of shitball Georgia.
          I haven't seen Georgia play, but based on what I've read, I'd love to face them in-lieu-of Alabama. Their schedule is poor at best. I understand that their marquee win against Florida was just ugly football. Per the box score, cumulatively nine turnovers and 24 penalties for over 200 yards...

...but they're SEC...

Comment

• Oregon dropping below Georgia is a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              ``Back'' is another question though. Sustain success for a few years.
              Right. Still not sure how to characterize "back" since Talent made the characterization. Currently, the mantra of "ND hasn't contended for a title since '93" & "ND hasn't won a title since '88" are used interchangeably. Hopefully this year will address the former, but then I get the feeling that the latter will just be used twice as much?and it?s fair. It?s been a long enough drought that ND does need to win a title just to cut through the decades of misery?but just one will suffice and would go a long way in my opinion?after that we could ?contend? periodically and be considered back IMO.

Annual top 20 finishes would certainly be an improvement, but that depends on how it comes about. The ACC transition and scheduling philosophy that unfolds over the next two years will tell a lot. I don?t want to be a top twenty team by plowing through a crappy ACC slate and Navy, just to lose to the upper echelon teams and end up 8-4, going bowling ranked in the top 20. Currently, we have a couple select games with Texas, Oklahoma & Miami. I hear that we are talking with LSU, Washington, Ariz. St., and UCLA about home/home series over the next half-dozen seasons. I want to keep scheduling those types of games?and to be back means winning more than our fair share of them.

Over the last dozen years, I?ve told myself that we would be Notre Dame again if we were able to compete with the upper crust of CFB. Not being able to win those games has been among the harshest reminders of how far we?ve fallen. The OT loss to Nebraska in ?00, obviously USC in ?05, BCS losses to OSU and LSU. Losses to Navy and UConn were salt in the wound, but NEVER beating the elite was the wound. Oddly enough, the Oklahoma win is exactly what I?m speaking to?but I didn?t get that fired up about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Oregon dropping below Georgia is a joke

Agreed.

I'm shocked at the overwhelming conceit and arrogance shown by Alabama fans trashing the ND boards...

They lost a home a week ago...then played Western Carolina...and are now #2? I understand it's a function of alot of circumstances...but come on...

Talking shit about how ND gets the "benefit of the doubt"? I'm really starting to hate those guys...

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  No shit! Losses to SEC teams don't really count, so it's like Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU & SC are all really undefeated.

EFZ...all those teams were ranked in the pre-season. Only Florida was ranked outside the pre-season top ten. Also, both Auburn and Arkansas were ranked in the pre-season...so it literally is like in-conference losses don't really hurt amongst their top tier. Only Alabama and LSU played a single reputable team OOC...though SC / UGa / Fla. do have Clemson / GT / FSU in the next week.

What if all three lose? Who thinks the pollsters would dare question the clout of the SEC?

Comment

• This article may have been posted somewhere else here this season...it has been making the rounds on ND boards as of late. I don't agree with all of it. Pretty hard to dismiss six straight BCS championships, but I think the guy makes some good points.

Comment

• 'Bama's gunning for a third title in four years thanks to four parts excellence and one part propaganda. That's going to go to the heads of the fans.

A shame, though. This isn't a recent experience, but at the '00 M/Alabama Orange Bowl, they were a polite, fun and decent bunch of opposing fans...

Comment

• Originally posted by Clashmore Mike View Post
                        This article may have been posted somewhere else here this season...it has been making the rounds on ND boards as of late. I don't agree with all of it. Pretty hard to dismiss six straight BCS championships, but I think the guy makes some good points.

http://www.thepostgame.com/commentar...ompson-sec-bcs

I would have agreed with the general premise up until about five or six years ago. To be fair to ESPN, they weren't really on the "the SEC rules everything" bandwagon until the past few years, when it has been kinda justified.

Comment

• "This isn't a recent experience, but at the '00 M/Alabama Orange Bowl, they were a polite, fun and decent bunch of opposing fans... "

They were a decent group of fans in Dallas

Comment

• IMHO the conferences that don't oversign need to start stepping up the pressure to stop that practice. It won't entirely remove SEC dominance, but it will at least help a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                              "This isn't a recent experience, but at the '00 M/Alabama Orange Bowl, they were a polite, fun and decent bunch of opposing fans... "

They were a decent group of fans in Dallas
                              FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST STOP BEING SO STUPID YOU DOUCHEBAG

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                I would have agreed with the general premise up until about five or six years ago. To be fair to ESPN, they weren't really on the "the SEC rules everything" bandwagon until the past few years, when it has been kinda justified.

when did ESPN sign their big SEC contract?
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X