No announcement yet.

All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depends on what you mean by a national schedule.

Yes, schedule strength which affects rankings is a player in determining who gets to the table at the play-in format coming up.

But, you win your conference, you sit at the table. I'd think that is where M's emphasis should be.

ND? That's another matter altogether. If I'm not mistaken, ND gets a seat as an at-large/independent based on rankings much like it had access under the old BCS formula. Racking up wins, regardless of SOS, is going to be key for them. So, why risk playing a team that you are going to lose to 60% of the time if history is an indicator of that metric.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      I never figured out how ND playing Stanford & USC makes their schedule somehow 'national.' Does ND even have many fans out west?

M is playing Utah, Oregon State, BYU & UNLV in '15 along with conference opponents Rutgers, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Indiana along with a couple of Wisky/Nebraska/Illinois/Iowa/Minnesota/NW/Purdue. Is that a 'national' schedule?
      Navy's in Annapolis...

Comment

• But they never play Navy in Annapolis. They always get Navy to agree to move the game elsewhere, giving ND the home field advantage every time.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They would outnumber Navy in their own stadium too. It's a small place. I think Navy's totally fine playing the game at Ravens Stadium which is twice the size

Comment

• Done, Dennis.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• gracias

Comment

• Guys:

Per Clashmore Mike's request, I have reinstated the proper title to this thread.

Mike is a charter member of the forum, who has been with us for a long time. He has done his share of razzing us, and has stood tall in defending his beloved Irish when Michigan has gotten the best of them. Mike's contributions here are always classy, and I think all of us enjoy speaking with him about ND football.

Therefore at his request, and out of respect for his time here with us, I removed the "chicken" remarks from the thread title, because I believe its the right thing to do. At one time I offered Mike "mod" status here so that he could control the thread content. He graciously declined, with the understanding that the thread would not be trashed.

I gave my word, and I must live up to it. So, I have corrected the title.

However, the topic of ND declining to renew their series with Michigan is fair game for discussion, and I'm sure that Mike will have some comments about Brady Hoke's description of ND's reasons for leaving, as will the Michigan fans here.

Lets keep it classy and civil, and show why Michigan fans continue to be the "leaders and best".

Thanks

Comment

• moron

Comment

• Mikes a chicken too!
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Guys:

Per Clashmore Mike's request, I have reinstated the proper title to this thread.
                      Not really...the thread was always designated by four specific words.

Not posting much, but I do lurk. I don't take much issue with Hoke's comments...after the unprofessional way that Swarbrick cancelled those games, I can see the need to lash out.

I'm still surprised by what Swarbrick did...I love having him at AD. He's strengthened just about every program under his watch and has been able to mostly secure football independence for the foreseeable future. Handing that envelope to Brandon was obviously a black mark though.

Comment

• The four specific words have been reinstated.

From a business sense, I can see why ND decided to drop Michigan. ND has historically had an easier time with both MSU and Purdue, so when one B1G team had to be dumped, they dumped the one that is the biggest threat to ruining a chance to be "1 of the 4". Michigan isn't an easy win. MSU and Purdue are easier.

Comment

• cluck cluck cluck
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• HFS this forum can be a silly place. ND deserves what it gets in a sports-forum context. Therefore:

"Cluck cluck cluck: 'The Hell with Michigan' cluck."

Comment

• C L U C K!

C L U C K!!

C L U C K!!!

Comment

• LOL .. I can always count on you, Rob ... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X