No announcement yet.

All Things Notre Dame - The Clashmore Mike Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well said. It never ceases to amaze me after a funeral or someone become very ill how people say "makes you realize to not sweat the small stuff"...then a day later we find ourselves...sweating the small stuff.

Comment

• Includes a picture of Mike and his kids.

I regret never having met the man or his lovely family.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• sad.. really sad
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Those kids are absolutely adorable.

Mike spoke about how happily married he was, and how he enjoyed his kids. Hard to believe they are as big as they are. It seems like yesterday he announced being a Dad for the first time.

Comment

• my kids are about the same age... I can't imagine not seeing them anymore..

heartbreaking..

Comment

• I remember him telling us he had cancer of the esophagus. A surprisingly common and subtle disease that resists most treatments and often does not become recognized until it is out of bounds.

Comment

• Doc - is there no surgical option for that type of cancer?

Comment

• There is but it takes a surgeon with special skills and training. It involves removing part of the upper stomach as well as a major portion of the esophagus. It requires a big incision and sometimes requires opening both the chest and abdomen.

Now I am only 17 years "out of the loop(!)" and there are probably now less invasive approaches via scopes, etc. so anyone who really wants to know about this should consult a surgeon with thoracic as well as abdominal credentials and experience. The best advice would be to go to a major medical center.

My impression is that the 5-year survival is well under 50%, even in experienced hands.

Comment

• Rumors brewing of an academic scandal at ND that will involve suspension of multiple players and possibly vacated wins.

Comment

• Smoke is building.

The Subway Domer@TheSubwayDomerFollow
                      Dagger RT @RedditCFB: Our sources can confirm: Russell, Daniels, Moore, and Williams all expelled, all 12 wins from 2012 vacated

Wow.

I daresay if this is true, that game improves to at least a 50/50 shot.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; August 15, 2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Sources said four members of the football team were interviewed by school officials Friday: receiver DaVaris Daniels, defensive back KeiVarae Russell, defensive lineman Ishaq Williams and linebacker Kendall Moore.

Comment

• FoxSports reports that the players have been kicked...

Get NCAA College Football news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

One year after Notre Dame football lost its starting QB, Everett Golson, for the 2013 season after he was caught cheating on an exam, the Fighting Irish team is dealing with the repercussions from more academic fraud.
                          This time, four starters have been dismissed from ND after the school conducted an internal investigation this summer, sources close to the program told FOX Sports.

It is unclear at this time if the four players will be able allowed to return to the school in the future as Golson has after he sat out the entire fall semester. He returned to South Bend last winter and has won his old starting QB job.

The Irish, ranked No. 17 in the preseason coaches poll, open the year Aug. 30 against Rice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            Smoke is building.

The Subway Domer@TheSubwayDomerFollow
                            Dagger RT @RedditCFB: Our sources can confirm: Russell, Daniels, Moore, and Williams all expelled, all 12 wins from 2012 vacated

Wow.

I daresay if this is true, that game improves to at least a 50/50 shot.

And the sec is laughing

Comment

• That now makes five opponents' wins against us since the beginning of the RichRod era vacated. Wooo go us!

Comment

• Rumor mill is heating up and saying that a lot more individuals could be involved, including former players. Being compared with the UNC scandal.

Comment

Working...
                                X