No announcement yet.

Wolverines in the NBA/PISTONS/NBA in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The paint used to really matter when it was a 2-pt game. Now it’s whatever.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I thought basketball was better when points were earned by ball movement and team work. Setting picks, running screens, moving without the ball. On defense the lane was protected even when zone defenses were not allowed. Now, there is no such thing as a good defensive NBA team.

I haven't watched any NBA games since before the pandemic, so I'm not an authority. From what I see on the sports networks via highlights, its not what I'd pay a lot of money to go and watch. I thought some of the Bird/Magic matchups were classic. Neither backed down from the other, and both had times when they played (gasp!) defense. Larry Bird shot more daggers than anyone I can remember. Magic's Lakers won games by running their opponent off the floor. Those were great players and great teams. And great men.

Shoot me. I liked the NBA back when. I don't like it now. Even without their self-serving politics, its not a watchable game for me anymore.
      Nice.post, you don't watch it because you like basketball with a lot of running without the ball, screening and passing. This post proves you haven't watched a game in 15 years.

If you like moving without the ball and setting screens, cutting, etc.. You should be watching the NBA right now. This post is ridiculous, the NBA has very few one on one hero ball teams that were prevalent from 1990 to 2010. Talent might not like a bunch of threes and sometimes it can get monotonous, but there is all kinds of passing, cutting and screening to get those threes.

One of the things people confuse about defense in the NBA is that there was more.defemse being played back in the day. A lot of NBA teams played tressel ball, pound the ball on the offense run the shot clock down and limit possessions. Limiting pace.is not great defense. Hammering people on defense isn't really defense either. Doing take fouls isn't defense either.

The NBA today is much harder to play defense, try closing out on 30 25 foot three pointers.

Comment

• Someone probably already said this but threes effectively squeezed out the midrange shot. There’s still plenty of activity near the basket but everyone is more spread out. Some of those games in the dark days of the early 2000’s seem like all five defenders were in or near the key.

There are games I get tired of all the threes but I really can’t say it takes less skill to do that than elbow Robert Parrish in the nuts and then dunk the ball.

Comment

• Analytics really took the starch out of the midrange and post up game. They started figuring out that most of those shots weren't great.

Comment

• Draymond always living up to expectations.

Comment

• You can take the Sparty out of East Lansing but you can't take the Sparty out of the player.

Comment

• While the officials were reviewing the play, he stood on a chair and led the chants against him.

Somewhere, Tom Izzo is smiling.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Cavs and Bucks both go down. I understand completely how the Cavs lost. I have no clue how Milwaukee blew that game in the 4th quarter. Almost impossible to do. If you were living betting the game, Miami was probably 20:1 going into the 4th quarter and probably about the same with 20 seconds left.

Knicks-Heat in the ECF semifinals while the Celtics (presumably) and Sixers go to war on the other side.

Comment

• Very disappointing series by the Cavs. Were inept on defense and on the boards at times.

Comment

• And their best player was really not good.

Comment

• Bud was going to get fired the season they won the title. They will be going over what the hell happened in those two games for a long time. Jimmy Buckets is going to be some legendary folk hero. A guy on the fringes of All NBA for most of his career, but has these games where he drags a team to victory.

Comment

• I mean, yeah...but the Bucks were horrific in the 4th. There's is absolutely no excuse for them losing that game. I'll give Butler Game 4, no question. Game 5 is on the Bucks.

Comment

• The Cavs are young and most young teams flop in the playoffs.

Comment

• It's shaping up for the Celtics to glide though to the Finals.

Comment

• Steph Curry is good

Comment

Working...
                                X