No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started with self-reporting, so, no -- Kentucky isn't on deck.

Comment

• Boehiem will get the victories back. Just ask the ghost of Joe pa

Comment

• I doubt it, Syracuse benefitted from purposely allowing players who should've been ineligible to play...

M leads Syracuse and everyone else with 113 vacated victories in college basketball.

Comment

• That many? Shit that's depressing. More than Eddie Sutton's Kentucky? At least we paid the price and went away for a while.

Comment

• Those scholarship losses for Syracuse are huge. They should be more worried about those than fighting to get Boeheim his wins back.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
              Boehiem will get the victories back. Just ask the ghost of Joe pa
              Yup. No doubt about it.

I have no sympathy for Boeheim or Syracuse. Michigan basketball was nearly destroyed by the NCAA sanctions from the Martin/Webber situation, and I feel Michigan's "sins" were not nearly as serious as what Syracuse and Boeheim has done.

The NCAA still has an axe to grind with Michigan and showed it in how they forced McGary out of school due to smoking a joint.

Truth be known, half the leadership of the NCAA still grabs a toke or two when they are partying.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• IMO Michigan basketball was almost destroyed by Michigan's coaching hires. That's what did it.

Comment

• Well, yeah .. especially in the case of Brian Ellerbe. That twit shouldn't have been coaching at the JVHS level, much less in the Big Ten.

Amaker was a good hire, IMO. He brought some stability and much needed credibility when the program was coming out of the NCAA crapper.

But, the NCAA has proven itself to be Michigan's enemy, more than its been a friend.

I am actually looking forward to the day when the major schools go to a super conference and tell the NCAA to go fly a kite.

Comment

• UNC is going to be that 6 or 7 seed that will lose in the 1st round (now known as the "2nd round").
                    They will have 11 losses by the time the NCAA tourney begins and have struggled down the stretch... but will over over hyped.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Was flipping around last night and caught the tail end of Dickie V going on a rant about how the NCAA is mistreating his good friend Jim Boeheim. Made me want to puke.

Apparently Boeheim was let down by people he trusted and he shouldn't be blamed for actions taken by people that report directly to him. Not his responsibility to make sure his kids aren't committing academic fraud. He can't be with them 24/7, baby!!

Nauseating

Comment

• Didn't see this earlier, but it got a mention on deadspin

Dick Vitale is missing yet another UNC-Duke game tonight, having been dispatched to Louisville for tonight's battle between Virginia and the Cardinals. And Dickie V used his podium to launch into a strenuous defense of Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, declaring the Orange skipper "not a cheater."

Comment

• that will teach Cuse to be honest going forward...
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• Nah, it just teaches them that they need to become more like the SEC.

Comment

• Iowa is the most random basketball team.

A hot team, but they lose to Penn St today? Random
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X