B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll give you the bad memories, but I like Roy Williams
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Only one other person had NC winning it in my pool (of 14) and I've got him beat but I do need NC to win still. Just had NC in my FF yet a chance to win.

Comment

• Just checked my bracket. Had both teams in the championship took Gonzaga. Currently in 774th place on the Mike and Mike group.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• B1G/NCAA basketball

Multiple lead changes...
          Multiple ties....
          Largest lead was something like 7 or 8 pts...

Yet I thought last nights game was tough to watch.
          ----------

I agree with that general statement I read this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It's good to see that North Carolina is prospering despite the brutal punishment that they received for committing institutionalized academic fraud. Cheating doesn't pay, kids!

Comment

• Bummer of a finish. It sure was nice to see little guys trying to put up shots in a forest of big men. I do miss that kind of basketball, where shots are really hard to come by and made 3s very meaningful. Wish the refs would have let them play. Kudos to UNC and to Roy Williams, though. And to the academic fraudsters. Credit where it's due.

Comment

• They should have turned off the microphone on the rims, those bricks were loud. Earlier in the tournament I was thinking to myself that maybe the college game has gotten better with some of the rule changes. Then last night's game happened. If you love watching refs ref, that was your game.

Comment

• I like the college game because it is officiated. If you like basketball to be a contact sport, your tournament is coming up.

Last night's game was not pretty, the shooting was terrible, but it was a great game in a lot of other ways. Good defense, good ball movement, lead changes, clutch plays and a close finish with the outcome in doubt down to the wire.

I enjoyed it. YMMV.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I thought it was really poor ball movement, at least compared to what we've seen from some others. Michigan's a good example. But I enjoyed the defense and the forest of bigs in there making it hard for the slashers. And a tight game is a tight game, whether the players get to play or the refs get to ref.

I did not enjoy the fucking refs. It really is a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      I thought it was really poor ball movement, at least compared to what we've seen from some others. Michigan's a good example. But I enjoyed the defense and the forest of bigs in there making it hard for the slashers. And a tight game is a tight game, whether the players get to play or the refs get to ref.

I did not enjoy the fucking refs. It really is a problem.
                      23 fouls in the first ten minutes of the second half. Horrible reffing no matter how you cut it. It was like all of a sudden they decided all these people came to see them.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• If it's a foul it's a foul and should be called. That is the way the game is supposed to work.

That is not horrible reffing. It is calling the game as it was meant to be called. if the players don't adapt, that is on them.

I don't watch basketball to see guys out muscle and beat the hell out of each other.

Basketball is meant to be a game of finesse not brute strength.

I also hate how they have neutered the defense in regards to the charge, but that is an argument for another day.

(Froot and I have this argument every year) ;)

Comment

• Refs last night were more whistle happy than Talent in a bay area bathhouse...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The NCAA game is much more brute strength than the NBA and has been for a long time now. It would be much better if they had six fouls to play with. It was horrible reffing and horrible play. Nothing has changed, it's unfortunate but it will never change. The college game is getting worse and worse every year. It is just like the NHL playoffs, where people laud the NHL game in the playoffs because of the stakes. They like the stakes so much, they ignore the bad play.

CGVT is the parent in the stands screaming about 3 seconds.

Comment

• it will never change/getting worse and worse

LOL @ the Yogi Berra-esque quote there, but, yeah. I agree it's time for six fouls. Foul trouble should be a pat of the game, but not at the cost of making the refs such a massive variable. Especially if you have a lynchpin big, how the refs call your game is the biggest variable, and you can't gameplan around that. Michigan would never have had the season it had if it weren't for the refs calling no fouls in the second half of the Purdue home game. I think they called about 4 total on both teams in the first 10-12 minutes of the second half. Glad we were on the right side of the refs in that game, but it isn't always so. Sometims Beilein has failed to recognize that you have to coach as if there's a massive target on a player's back. He brought Jordan Morgan in with 1:30 left in the first half in the E8 game vs Kentucky, and it was completely obvious Morgan was going to pick up a cheap foul before halftime. That was the game right there.

And it drives me nuts to see how willing they are to foul out a guy in the tournament. The example right in my head right now is the ref who ended Dillon Brooks' college career for no good reason at all, but that happens plenty. Have some fucking respect for the game and the players.

Comment

• And it drives me nuts to see how willing they are to foul out a guy in the tournament
                                So you want them to be aware of how many fouls a player has and call it differently so the don't "foul a guy out in the tournament"

Seems to me that if a guy fouls out, with few exceptions, it's on him for fouling.

[ame]https://youtu.be/-z0Pm7tccvc[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X