No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah but the definition of ``foul'' changes so much from game to game. If it didn't change, I'd be more sympathetic.

I want them to do their jobs properly. They don't.

Comment

• I wanted Gonzaga to win but that game was dreadful, it's weird I used to watch college hoops all the time.

I liked the MSU/Kansas game even though the good guys ended up getting blown out at the end. But there was some great athleticism going on both ways.

I was really interested to see Gonzaga work old school low post sets. You saw it sometimes in their two final four games, but a lot of times their guys were on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I wanted Gonzaga to win but that game was dreadful, it's weird I used to watch college hoops all the time.

I liked the MSU/Kansas game even though the good guys ended up getting blown out at the end. But there was some great athleticism going on both ways.

I was really interested to see Gonzaga work old school low post sets. You saw it sometimes in their two final four games, but a lot of times their guys were on the bench.
        I thought that Gonzaga would be OK when they kept the game close with their big guys on the bench. I figured when it got late and they had three big guys with a foul each to use each, they would be too much for NC, but it didn't work out that way and NC came up the big shot and the big defensive play to ice it.

I like the way both Williams and Fey didn't over coach at the end of the game. They both like to let the kids play.

Could you imagine the bullshit we would have been subjected to if it had been a couple of clowns like Pitino or Calapari in the finals..
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          So you want them to be aware of how many fouls a player has and call it differently so the don't "foul a guy out in the tournament"

Seems to me that if a guy fouls out, with few exceptions, it's on him for fouling.

https://youtu.be/-z0Pm7tccvc
          Agreed. Easy for people who have never officiated...and more so ever officiated at a high level...to take shots at officials...hilarious. Now officials should keep track of fouls/penalties to make sure all is "fair"...lol...and don't foul out a player cuz it's not "fair"...even more ridiculous.

I thought for the most part it was a well called game. Was there mistakes? Yep. But don't want all the fouls? Don't foul. Like I tell coaches in football who complain about the number of penalties they are getting...tell your guys to stop committing penalties!

fuckin' refs
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I believe that, when it's all said and done, referees will be appreciated as history's biggest victim. Man's inhumanity to ref is very sad, and hard to understand.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• B1G/NCAA basketball

No surprise... at least to me... about which coach didn't call Higgins to give support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That's a shame for the guy and for the quality of the sport. Can't have reasonable debate amidst all that.

Comment

• Jesus. The comments.

"That should never happen, but..."

Kentucky fans are delusional jackasses.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They don't even seem to be upset at any particular call that was obviously bad. Some players each got 2 whistles in the first half, and this is what happens? It went viral.

Comment

• Basketball is a far, far more difficult to officiate relative to baseball, football. I give basketball referees far more slack except when all the calls seem to go in one teams direction.

Comment

• meeks hand out of bounds on the tie up giving it to NC in a 1 point game
                          Collins invisible foul for his 5th putting him out of the game
                          barry stealing the ball awy from the pole only to be called for the fluul while being choked out.
                          couple of shots where defender never touched anything and still got called for the block tip OOB givng the zags the ball and stretched it to 6

it was a badly officiated game

Comment

• Funny stuff.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The missed call on the hand oob...yep they missed it. The others...meh.

Was it a great job by the crew...probably not...I've seen better and worse. For the most part they did a good job.

Get over it. They weren't the reason the Zags lost.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My thought is that we have a refugee crisis as well as a referee crisis, and I know how to solve them both. Put the referees on the rafts, and have the refugees ref the games. They know how awful those rafts are, so we just have to tell them we'll ship them back out if they do a shit job.

Comment

Working...
                                X