X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEATH TO THEM ALL!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It seems like a lot of things are pointing to this being Izzo's last year. We'll see.

Comment

• Still nothing to see here....

[ame]https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/967235572954779648[/ame]

Comment

• Death penalty for Zona! Taking away Miller's Sweet 16 appearances doesn't hurt anyone.
          Hopefully his brother Archie has a little more common sense. Given, IU hasn't popped up anywhere with these scandals. Literally offering a recruit $100k?! dafuq.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This is why the SEC has bagmen...
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Why in God's name would a coach be stupid enough to be involved in those types of negotiations? It's not like the bagmen funds come out of the university's kitty.

Comment

• I know this will come as a shock to most, except The Oracle, but ESPN's story may not actually be correct. There's now considerable dispute as to nearly all parts of it.

Perhaps Sean Miller was actually not stupid enough to be directly involved.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What was espns story?

Comment

• This is the one I read:
                    Players at basketball powers such as Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Michigan State and Kansas may have committed NCAA violations that were uncovered by an FBI investigation, according to Yahoo! Sports.

and yes, it will be a surprise to me if players of those listed schools weren’t paid in some manner. Zona, Duke, Kansas, MSU, UNC, Kentucky, etc.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Schlabach reported that Miller was wiretapped in 2017. Of course, Ayton committed in 2016, so the gist of the story doesn't make sense. ESPN then corrected the story to say Spring of 2016 and now just "2016." Of course, 247Sports is saying that Miller's calls were only intercepted from Late June 2017 to September 2017. These calls are also under seal so there's no way ESPN listened to them. It's purely from an anonymous source (unlike Yahoo which actually had the documents).

If Miller is actually on the phone talking about $100,000 then it almost surely wasn't to buy the kid. He was already committed. Not that there's a great deal of difference (to some their may be). But there's also some pushback as to whether he's even on the call.

Comment

• Those are awfully difficult things to get wrong. Very damaging to credibility.

Comment

• Well, when you have to take someone's word for it, you're at their mercy. My guess is that he was told they had Miller on the taps and he filled in the rest.

In any event, it's seems like a dubious decision to run with the story. They may be right, but the story itself is pretty poor.

My guess is also that they were right in the first place -- it was summer of 2017 and if they were paying Ayton it was more along the lines of just giving him cash (or, at worst, paying him to keep him from going overseas). I highly doubt they bought him as a recruit. Again, the distinction isn't one of significance to most (I do find it meaningful, but that's just me).

Comment

• Which is why you don't take one person's word for it, if that's what they did. But it's pretty clear they didn't do the reporting required.

Comment

• neither did Paul Lavigne, which is why I don't bother to watch ESPN any longer. I know that I've got my green glasses on and want to play defense, but after actually digging into a story it's easy to see how headlines push in you in one direction and facts the other.

You have to take what ESPN says with a grain of salt. I won't be surprised if Miller escapes unscathed despite ESPN reporting his firing.
                              Forever One!

Comment

• PSU +6

Comment

Working...
                                X