No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great cut and pass there. First possession or last, gotta have off-the-ball movement. I hate the crunch-time possessions when four guys spread and do nothing while the star pounds it.

Comment

• I wonder if that gets PSU up into the RPI top 75. That would give Michigan another Quadrant 1 win.

Comment

• Nice call with PSU +6 and what an entertaining game.
        Rooting for Penn State to make the NCAA tourney. Tony Carr is fun to watch. Think the broadcast mentioned PSU's RPI is in the 80s (prior to this win). Perhaps a win vs Purdue from being in.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          I wonder if that gets PSU up into the RPI top 75. That would give Michigan another Quadrant 1 win.
          Yup, takes us to 5-5.

Comment

• Rutgers +15.5

Comment

• Yep. Was just telling my wife that I think Purdue is going to end up blowing Rutgers out.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well that was an easy couple of covers for me!

Comment

• Purdue may not make it to Sunday. Penn St is abusing them.

Comment

• Surprised to find out that Michigan State has only 2 victories over probable NCAA tourney teams:

1. Nov 26 against UNC at neutral site
                    2. Feb 10 on last second shot at home against Purdue

MSU also had wins against 3 near tourney teams: Notre Dame (11/30/2017), Nebraska (12/3/2017), and Penn State, all at home.

Purdue has 3 wins v NCAA tourney teams:

home and away v Michigan
                    November 25 v Arizona

Also, Purdue beat Marquette and Louisville back in November, 2 teams listed in first 4 out by Lunardi.

A lot has changed from November to March, and I think it makes sense to give credit to teams like Michigan that have improved.
                    Last edited by Detroit Dan; March 5, 2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Notre Dame played most of the season without Colson. They were good when Sparty played them.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Finding a way to add major injuries like that into the formula would be good. But, still, MSU played a shit schedule. Not their fault, but a shit schedule nonetheless. They are overrated.

It's also likely that Michigan came into the tournament just more battle tested than most of their opponents.

Comment

• They're beaten 2.5 tourney teams all year. Let that sink in. And they're still top 5. Lolololol. It's amazing.

Comment

• So much of the narrative was set in November, but Michigan is clearly the best team in the B1G at this point.

M has 4 wins over top B1G teams, plus wins over bubble teams Nebraska (neutral), PSU (road), Texas (road), and UCLA.

Comment

• So even counting MSU's big win over Notre Dame at home on November 30, Michigan has the better resume as far as quality wins goes.

Comment

• As far as anything goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X