No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far I’m 4-1-1 and The Oracle is 2-3-1. We both hit out lightning and we both have the Bonnies. I have Buffalo and he has VT.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Other contest I’ve done is ATS - pick certain number per day (roughly a third of available games) and scoring is points above the cover. So, Ohio State was worth 0.5 today, Loyola was 3.5 and Tennessee was 13.5.

I like that scoring system a lot as it grades out toss up winners and clear great picks. It also keeps you modestly interested for the full 40.

Comment

• VaTech is shooting 78% from behind the arc. And it's not like we're not in their face. Heck, we are fouling them, handsy, bumping...still, they are 7/9 on 3-point shots.

I am amazed we're only down by 2 at the half.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Other contest I?ve done is ATS - pick certain number per day (roughly a third of available games) and scoring is points above the cover. So, Ohio State was worth 0.5 today, Loyola was 3.5 and Tennessee was 13.5.

I like that scoring system a lot as it grades out toss up winners and clear great picks. It also keeps you modestly interested for the full 40.
          Thats a cool way to do it.

I got some work to do.

Comment

• Can't tell you how proud I am of this team. Warts and all. Third-youngest in the nation. Incredibly flawed. No real post player. Prone to mental mistakes. Injured. I could go on...

Alabama's last NCAA win was against Tom Crean's 2006 Marquette team. Until tonight, that is. Sure, we'll get housed by Nova. But that's okay. We won tonight. Baby steps. Roll Tide.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well Sexton is gone, so back to ground zero.

Comment

• Nah. We have a ton of talent around him. We have played a decent amount without him this year due to his abdominal injury, and his suspension (missed 4 complete games and only averages around 30 in the ones he starts).

We were the third youngest team in the nation this year. Our only notable loss will be Sexton.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 16, 2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• To reiterate:

I think I've seen enough to go into full P12 Fade Mode. I sort of already have -- backed the Bonnies with some conviction and Syracuse as more of flier.

I do think that Arizona is actually good, but I'm now inclined to back Buffalo +8'.

The P12 went 1-8 in the CFB Postseason and, I think, 1-8 ATS. They are now 0-2 in the CBB Postseason and 0-2 ATS.
                  5-2-1 for me; 3-4-1 for The Oracle.

Way tougher slate for me today:

Marshall +12
                  Butler -1'
                  Georgia State +13'
                  UNC -19'
                  Xavier -19'
                  Auburn -9
                  Syracuse +4'
                  Florida State -1'

Comment

• P12 gone on the first day

big 12 2-1 although ttech had to come through late

amazing dunk in that game

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      To reiterate:

5-2-1 for me; 3-4-1 for The Oracle.

Way tougher slate for me today:

Marshall +12
                      Butler -1'
                      Georgia State +13'
                      UNC -19'
                      Xavier -19'
                      Auburn -9
                      Syracuse +4'
                      Florida State -1'
                      Providence +3
                      Ga St +14
                      Murray St +10.5
                      Texas -2
                      Xavier -19
                      Charleston +9
                      Tcu -4.5(LIGHTNING, aka Triple Lock Shocker)
                      New Mexico St +4.5

Comment

• Had no belief in AZ.

Comment

• I have UK coming out of that bracket.

Comment

• To the FF? Not unreasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              I have UK coming out of that bracket.
                              same here. I got Michigan, Duke, Kentucky and Villanova
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Forgot to post my lightning. I guess I’ll go Auburn. Marshall was my favorite play today.

Comment

Working...
                                X