No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane level of offensive futility by Iowa. I do like seeing a pressing team get taken out of their game, and shame on you if you're that useless in the halfcourt. That said, Iowa did have some good shots that just didn't fall.

Comment

• you guys missed a really good game on fox.. Creighton vs St. Johns.. mcDermott just hit a fade away 3 with 2.8 seconds left
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Stupid fucking Iowa. Thanks for nothing, losers.

Comment

• I was watching Kentucky go down in flames...another loss for the greatest recruiting class of all time

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            Crisler is way too small, it should've been upgraded in capacity with the renovations if possible...
            Hard to say that when the place was about 70% full for most games 4 or 5 years ago.

Comment

• I expected capacity to increase to the 15k range (avg for B10) when the renovations were in the planning stages. I was really surprised when I learned capacity would be reduced by about 1k, guessing it wasn't possible to increase the capacity without massive ($) renovations.

Comment

• Doesn't the relatively small capacity improve the atmosphere somewhat? I have always heard that as being one of the reasons why the "Cameron crazies" make Duke such a hard place to play.

Comment

• We don't have Cameron Crazies. Although at times last year the place got pretty heated.

Comment

• saw this on another board:

From the Jays media guide:
                    This year’s Creighton team is averaging 17,644 through 11 home dates, good for fourth-nationally.
                    2013-14 Attendance Leaders (1/27)
                    Rk. School Average Next Home
                    1. Syracuse 25,022 2/1
                    2. Kentucky 22,700 2/4
                    3. Louisville 20,888 1/30
                    4. Creighton 17,644 1/28
                    5. North Carolina 17,414 2/1
                    6. Indiana 17,315 2/2
                    7. Wisconsin 17,034 1/29
                    8. Kansas 16,519 1/29
                    9. Ohio State 15,922 1/29
                    10. Memphis 15,851 2/4

Comment

• Respect due to the concept of prairies basketball and the people that support it.

Comment

• For the higher capacity arenas, their attendance will increase. Right now attendance figures are for a home slate that is a majority tomato cans. Conference games spike attendance upward.

And while I appreciate the "percentage of capacity" thing, in no world is nFw's attendance a good showing. They draw 6000.

Capacity matters if you're approaching 100%. Otherwise, meh.

UNL has done a nice job with its program. Creighton, too, though I wonder where they'll be next season.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, I speak of Northwestern in comparison to programs like GA Tech and Florida State who, by every right, should be blowing Northwestern out of the water. And they are not nearly as pathetic as Penn State.

Comment

• Also, last season the B10 averaged 13,100 per game. The former Big East was 2nd at 10,700. That's a huge difference. I expect the gulf between 1st and 2nd to be larger this season.

And the B10 puts every single conference game on TV to boot.

Great hoops league.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If they fixed the reffing it would be just my favorite thing ever. In almost every way it's exactly what it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                For the higher capacity arenas, their attendance will increase. Right now attendance figures are for a home slate that is a majority tomato cans. Conference games spike attendance upward.

And while I appreciate the "percentage of capacity" thing, in no world is nFw's attendance a good showing. They draw 6000.

Capacity matters if you're approaching 100%. Otherwise, meh.

UNL has done a nice job with its program. Creighton, too, though I wonder where they'll be next season.
                                UNL is definitely a combination of new facilities and our coach. Hopefully enough success happens where it continues.

Creighton should dip next year, but they have a good following in Omaha. They will still have good numbers.

I'm really not surprised PSU struggles in basketball. You really need a community to support basketball and PSU is really in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X