No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succession will be an issue at Michigan soon as likely as at MSU. And MSU doesn't have a cerebrally-challenged meathead making the hire.
    Everything I've read about Beilein indicates that he believes he's at his destination job. I haven't heard his name come up with "more desirable" jobs have opened. Have I missed something?

And I agree about meathead Brandon. We don't need him in charge of a basketball coach search.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No, people here are talking when JB is done. He's not going anywhere, but we're talking when he retires. I'm curious myself what direction they will go, but hopefully it's not for another 10 years or so. Lots of(maybe unfounded) speculation that the next coach is on staff.

Comment

• More unfounded speculation is that Beilein will retire earlier than most head coaches do.

Comment

• I know my sister and her husband had their 4 year old with them at a HS Bball game a few years ago and they met him. They asked if he was going to recruit their kid and he said, "boy, I hope I'm not recruiting anybody then". That's the most 1st hand info I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
            No, people here are talking when JB is done. He's not going anywhere, but we're talking when he retires. I'm curious myself what direction they will go, but hopefully it's not for another 10 years or so. Lots of(maybe unfounded) speculation that the next coach is on staff.
            It's hard not to see Bacari Alexander as a great candidate if he gets a few successful years at a mid-major under his belt.

Comment

• Yeah, honestly, I don't know how I feel about any our our assistants as of now. Our recruiting has 100% taken a huge bump when we brought in Bacari, Jordan and Meyer. Would definitely like them to get some head coaching experience, but it's hard. Just like you said, they would have to go to a mid major and be good, like pretty damn good. But they're both local guys, so looking at the midwest where would they go? Going to a MAC job or a Summit or a Missouri Valley is a death trap for most. Where have Izzo's assistants all ended up. Aside from Crean you haven't heard of any of them and that's only because he got lucky with Wade.

I just feel pretty confident if we let either of them go, we won't hear back from them. Hopefully another good option pops up these next 5-10 years, or we see some sort of tangible evidence that one of them is ready to take over, and with no HC experience that's a recipe for disaster too.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                I know my sister and her husband had their 4 year old with them at a HS Bball game a few years ago and they met him. They asked if he was going to recruit their kid and he said, "boy, I hope I'm not recruiting anybody then". That's the most 1st hand info I have.
                I heard in this case it's more of a talent issue.

Comment

• And for the record, I'm mainly not considering Meyer because of age(59) even though he's one of our best recruiters and the most in tune with JB scheme wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    I heard in this case it's more of a talent issue.
                    HA! Well, he's an adopted son from Ethiopia(plus) and he's projected to see pretty good 2G size when he gets up there, otherwise you'd be spot on.

Comment

• I don't like Alexander's tweeting. Nor do I have a feel for who on the staff does what or has which abilities.

Comment

• It's generally accepted that Bacari is the bigs, Jordan the guards/wings and Meyer scheme.

Comment

• I didn't know that that was the general acceptance.

Comment

• UNL can't hit anything...
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Life on the road....

Comment

• B1G/NCAA basketball

Cause in the big ten, refs calls favor the home team. Even in Lincoln. There was a lot of contact last night and no calls made. That favors the d. Illini took advantage of it and that forced UNL to take jump shots. No driving by UNL... No free throw shots... Hurts this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X