No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Ohio State isn't that good this year... but if Purdue beats them, that might be one of the biggest surprises I have ever seen in sports.
    Purdue has struggled in the NCAA Tourney recently, Ohio State always beats Purdue at basketball, and Purdue has struggled down the stretch. ... I can't remember the last time Purdue had a "big win" in football or basketball.

Purdue just doesn't win this type of game lol.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• And Seton Hall beats Nova at the buzzer. There's 1 top seed opening up.

Looks like today is going to turn into a all day work from home day, especially with KU/OSU coming up.

Comment

• Nova didn't have an impressive resume (quality wins) and this certainly drops them... Other than Kansas who has 8 losses, who have they beat in the top RPI top 50? Just four wins: Xavier twice, Iowa & St. Joseph... I've been hoping to land in Nova's region as I felt they were a really weak #1 but this likely will drop them to a #2 seed...

Wichita State has only played 3 top 50 RPI teams; Tennessee, BYU & St. Louis and just 1 of those are top 25. I see them as a #1 seed who haven't been tested near enough to know how good they are...

Kansas is on the other end of the spectrum, they've played a brutal OOC: Nova, Duke, Florida, SD State but have 8 losses. Like M, they could bounce between a #2 or #3 on their conference tournament...

Creighton has only played 9 top 50 RPI teams and has 6 losses; 3 of them to sub 50 RPI teams. They can have a hot shooting night and beat most everyone but after Nova, they haven't beaten a top 38 RPI team. I see them as a weak #3 seed...

Virginia played about as weak as an ACC schedule as possible and played just 8 top 50 RPI teams, losing 6 games in total. They look like a weak 3-seed...

Arizona is one of a few teams I don't want in M's region, I have them as a clear #1 team in the country. Syracuse is another team I'd rather M not face, that defense kept so many teams below 60, 65 points; Syracuse could earn a #2 seed with a strong performance in the ACC tournament.

Comment

• If I could see NU win its first round game, then Creighton, KU and Wichita State all lose as soon as humanly possible, I will be satisfied.

Comment

• If I'm the selection committee, I'm seriously considering sending Iowa to the NIT.

There is so much talent on that team, and it is possibly the worst coached team in major college basketball. They play terrible defense and have zero chemistry on offense.

Comment

• Early in the season they were outscoring pretty much everyone. Haven't seen them lately but they've lost 6 of their last 7.

Comment

• They're so mentally soft and fragile.

Comment

• Hate doing this because there's so much ball to be played, but I'd love this bracket:

Comment

• I think minny bumps iowa out
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• uconn would be tough for UNL... very tough

Comment

• they have great guard play

Comment

• I still think Iowa is in and Minny has nothing to do with it. Iowa probably just played themselves down to a 9-10 seed.

Comment

• Nice but I don't want Syracuse again.

Comment

• Eh, they can't score. We do generally struggle with long teams, but I'm picking Cuse to go out before the Elite 8 anyway. Maybe day 2 depending on the matchup.

Comment

• buckeyes motivated

Comment

Working...
                                X