Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win. Nebraska's a solid team and Miles is a solid coach. This win kinda proves how good Beilein is when he can prepare for something. The pressure today bothered them so much more than against VCU, which hangs it's hat on it. Beilein had that solved, but today it was a real struggle to cope.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Irvin's an NBA player. He's been up and down over his career, so maybe you want to see consistency and check out the back injury, but if he improves off the dribble he's a very nice NBA player. He has improved a fair bit off the dribble from what he was. Robinson just might be too. I think we'll have him next year but not as a senior, unless he prioritizes getting a degree. He can even go this year if he really, really wants to.
      Literally all he does at an NBA level is shoot the ball, and his low release point is an issue there as well. He's too slow defensively, can't handle well enough, doesn't elevate well enough, and he's a willing but unskilled passer.

He's a project pick at best in the 50-60 range right now. He's much more likely to spend time in the D league or Europe.

Comment

• He's not slow defensively, and he was known as a good and zesty defender in HS. He's just in Beilein's system now. Very hard to look good as a defender at Michigan. Overall, I think you probably should take another look if you think those things about him. He's on a nice trajectory of improvement. Came along a little slow in his sophmore year, and the back injury in the offseason retarded his development yet again. To the point where we may be lucky enough to have him next year. But Dakich isn't an idiot for calling him a green-room candidate. I don't know that I personally would go that far unless you assume he would be further along without those setbacks I mentioned. I don't know that he's a starter in the league but I think he'll be a solid 3&D bench player.

Comment

• Easy to look good defensively in HS when you're 6'7."

He's too slow. Not strong enough to be a 4 on the NBA and not nearly quick enough to defend NBA SFs.

He's fine defensively at the college level, but he doesn't exhibit NBA ability when he's out there. He looks like a good college player with a definite low ceiling.

Duncan Robinson will blow right by him either by the end of this season or the beginning of the next one. Way better feel and better floor game.
          Last edited by Kstat; January 23, 2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Not sure the extent of the injury but Irvin isn't the same player he was the past couple months of last season. Not even close.

Comment

• Good job guys. Games like this were automatic losses not long ago.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 5 out of the next 6 at home, with the lone away game being Minny. This is the run I'm talking about. Get Caris back in the next week or so and take care of business. They'll be favored in all of them, I'll take 5-1.

Edit: 4 of the next 6 are at home. ESPN has PSU at home, but that can't be right because that already happened. So at PSU and at Minny in there. Still doesn't change the point.
                Last edited by The Oracle; January 23, 2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Really, really nice win today.

They're starting to round into form. And adding Caris back into the mix...the fun may very well be just beginning.
                  AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I'd hold him out and make sure he's ready to go for IU and the Flying Dbags.

Comment

• PSU game is in MSG. I'll be there. First row 200s.

Right on about the schedule. It's favourable.

Comment

• Lunardi's bracketology says 8th seed right now. That's a hosing. We're sniffing top-25. Fuck Lunardi.

Comment

• That's right, duh. The bball/hockey thing. My bad.

I think we'll be ranked 24-25 after this week...not that IGAF.

Comment

• I enjoy the musings of zero fucks given Oracle. I don't like giving a fuck Oracle as much.

When I'm picking out the sixer he better hope I'm thinking of ZFG Oracle. If it's GAF Oracle, some I'm rolling with some god awful saison.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              Great win. Nebraska's a solid team and Miles is a solid coach. This win kinda proves how good Beilein is when he can prepare for something. The pressure today bothered them so much more than against VCU, which hangs it's hat on it. Beilein had that solved, but today it was a real struggle to cope.

I'm not sure I'd say UNL is solid... Improving... Young... Might finish as high as tenth in the league but there are some big holes on the team. Most Husker fans are happy with the progress we are seeing, but this will be a journey over years not a one year fix. UNL is arguably the worst div 1 basketball program in the power 5. That's a lot of history to overcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                I enjoy the musings of zero fucks given Oracle. I don't like giving a fuck Oracle as much.

When I'm picking out the sixer he better hope I'm thinking of ZFG Oracle. If it's GAF Oracle, some I'm rolling with some god awful saison.
                                You get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X