Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson knows the offense so much better. Faster learner. Agree with Oracle -- don't want to take away from the minutes of others. Dawkins needs to refine his game.

Comment

• It's as simple as ball handling, Dawkins maybe great on the fastbreak but he's not very effective in half court unless he's left open for a 3pt attempt.

Comment

• When Levert gets back, Dawkins minutes can't really increase.
        However in the next few games, Dawkins playing around 22-23 minutes seems about right just based on how efficient he is on offense.
        You can play Dawkins for MAAR, Irvin (38 minutes last night), or Robinson. Give those guys a few extra minutes of rest. Those three players + Walton didn't shot the ball as well as they could have yesterday as Rutgers stuck around.
        Michigan was actually losing 16-12 until Dawkins came in and sparked the offense.

Give Dawkins a few extra minutes off the bench to give the starting SGs a rest, Dawkins is the 2nd best jump shooter.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Interesting to see Dawkins' stats as a starter early in the year vs his stats in B10 play.
          Dawkins was receiving 26-30 minutes per game, but was struggling early on.
          Now Dawkins plays around 13-19 minutes per game, but is 23-39 (59%) shooting the ball in B10 play.

You don't want to hurt that production, but would a few more minutes hurt?
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFHE6JPOaqo"]Jimmy King Interview - BTN Live in NYC - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Michigan pretty much leads from wire-to-wire and beats Penn State by 7. The Nitany Lions did have a nice little run for a bit in the 2nd half, cutting a 17-point lead down to 5, as their star was making NBA-range 3's but Michigan quickly responded and never let PSU get as close as that the rest of the way.

17-5 overall and 7-2 in the B1G. They may finally jump back into the top 25.

Next week is the big test with games against IU and spartie. Hopefully, they at least get a split and I hope Caris will make his return.

Comment

• I've had next week as the real test for this team since the Iowa loss...

Indiana has played about as soft as a B10 schedule as possible (haven't played 1 team in top 7) and only really played Duke OOC. Not that they aren't talented but at home, it's a game that M needs to win if they want to compete for the B1G regular season title...

Caris' return should be a huge help if and when he does, hopefully it's vs the Hoosiers.

Comment

• The team always has trouble at Bloomington.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Very glad we don't play there this year.

Comment

• I just have a weird/sick feeling the Max is going to have a big game in his return.

Comment

• Good job taking care of business.

Hurry back, Caris!

Comment

• Well that whole thing was more social than I'd hoped for, as I ran into a friend and my cousin knew basically everyone. She did score lovely tix, though. Mid-court 20ish rows up. I didn't get to really focus on the game, and I had my seven-year-old with me, so it was great to do some indoctrinating, but I didn't in the end observe much of the game.

Nice to see them, once again, control a game from ~6-10 points ahead the whole time without really relying on 3s. The last time I saw them live was '13, so I'd never seen any of this group in person. Irvin looked really nice and loose out there. Wilson looks even more awkward and coltish in person. Rahkman drove it really well and was nice and decisive with his footwork, and had a great assist. When not distracted and could really look, I liked the offensive sets much better than '13. So smooth in their execution. Kinda reaffirmed my feeling that the '13 team, successful as it was, wasn't exactly true to Beilein's offensive vision. He's never gonna be my favorite coach because of what he chooses to emphasize, but in that wheelhouse of his he is really damn good at coaching it out of them.

Anyhow, it gets real this week. Looking forward to seeing how they stack up.

Comment

• Any game with your seven-year-old is a good game! And at MSG!

Comment

• Yeah. No REAL complaints about it. I went in there prepared to defend the lack of a mascot, as that is a usual point of emphasis with him, but it didn't come up. MSG is redone. Much nicer. I hadn't been in there in years, but what a dingy dump it used to be.

Comment

• The only time I was in there was in the mid-90's. I saw Glen Rice and the Heat lose to the Knicks. The building seemed pretty nice then.

Comment

Working...
                                X