This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFZ

Michigan needs to defend its own freaking court, especially against those idiots.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Don't get your hopes up.

Comment

• Nobody likes a truth teller, Mike.

Comment

• Idiots?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Don't get your hopes up.
            I'm not, Mike. The basketball team is like all the other teams. When the big rival comes to town, they spend so much time being scared of them, they forget how to play the game.

I'm hoping Harbaugh can change that in football. I don't know if Beilein can do the same for basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              I'm not, Mike. The basketball team is like all the other teams. When the big rival comes to town, they spend so much time being scared of them, they forget how to play the game.
              You'd think Beilein hadn't won 6 out of 9 vs. spartie before playing them short-handed twice last year.

spartie has more talent this year, especially if LeVert is out, but I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled the upset.

GO BLUE!

Comment

• Nobody likes a truth teller JD.

Comment

• Sorry, man.

We have never nor will we ever have a chance to do anything positive as long as Beilein is coaching. Where have you gone, Dave Strack?

Better?

Comment

• We are what we are. We had a wonderful 2 year stretch when we were loaded for bear. The rest has been very underwhelming.

Comment

• I hope you're right JD. MSU should be dreading the thought of playing Michigan at Crisler. But something tells me they're looking forward to it instead.

Comment

• Agreed 100%. They are licking their chops.

Comment

We are what we are. We had a wonderful 2 year stretch when we were loaded for bear. The rest has been very underwhelming.
                          By that logic, Freider never did a thing, Fisher was a 2-year and 6 game wonder who later had to erase those 2 years, Johnny Orr was a 1-and-done and Dave Strack was awful without Cazzie.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see what happens today. Was Tuesday's meltdown vs. IU a crippling blow or do they regroup and come out looking for redemption? Nobody needs a bounce-back game more than Dawkins. He was as lost as lost can be vs. the hoosiers.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                              By that logic, Freider never did a thing, Fisher was a 2-year and 6 game wonder who later had to erase those 2 years, Johnny Orr was a 1-and-done and Dave Strack was awful without Cazzie.
                              That's not true at all. Fisher's teams went to 3 Championship games in 5 years and were consistently ranked after that through the mid 90s. Frieder's teams in the mid to late 80s were always in the mix for the Big Ten. From '85 to '98 Michigan was very relevant nationally. It wasn't just two years of Glen Rice magic, ala the Stauskus years.

Without looking it up I think Fisher missed the NCAA tourney once in 90-91.

Comment

That's not true at all. Fisher's teams went to 3 Championship games in 5 years and were consistently ranked after that through the mid 90s. Frieder's teams in the mid to late 80s were always in the mix for the Big Ten. From '85 to '98 Michigan was very relevant nationally. It wasn't just two years of Glen Rice magic, ala the Stauskus years.

Without looking it up I think Fisher missed the NCAA tourney once in 90-91.
                                Frieder won two B1G titles, which Beilein has also done. Fisher didn't win a B1G title.

Frieder made it to 5 (coached in 4) NCAA tourneys. Beilein has made it to 5 and likely will make #6 this year.

Frieder only made it to the Sweet 16 once whereas Beilein has gone to the title game and also the Elite 8.

Fisher won it all with a team that Frieder coached to the tourney, missed the tourney in 90'-91', and 96'-97'. He made it to 6, coached in 7.
                                Credit to Fisher for winning it all, though. I don't think that would've happened with Frieder. Fisher had Mills in the post more and gave more minutes to Calip. Rice having one of the all-time best tourneys didn't hurt.
                                Last edited by *JD*; February 6, 2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X