Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it comes to pot, I think that the country by-and-large is evolving to agree with that position. I expect that in my lifetime, pot will be decriminalized across the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      Possession of small amounts of pot should never land anyone in jail. I used to believe otherwise, but I have changed my mind. Small amounts for personal use should be no more than a civil infraction/traffic ticket thing.

I want jails and prisons reserved for getting really bad and violent people off the street. Someone who is looking for a little buzz isn't going to be out to kill me for my crappy little car in a carjacking.
      Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      When it comes to pot, I think that the country by-and-large is evolving to agree with that position. I expect that in my lifetime, pot will be decriminalized across the US.
      I'm totally cool with possesion being at most misdemeanor ticket or even decriminalized. That said, I want to see people who operate a vehicle under the influence (pot, chemicals or booze) in jail for first offenses. I really don't care what you do right up to the point where you get behind the wheel. At that point you cross over from just affecting yourself and endanger others.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I agree with that as well, Tony. If people choose to use alcohol or pot, and then drive a vehicle, knowing that they are under the influence of these substances, then they deserve to be arrested, jailed and/or fined. However, I'm almost in favor of building more correctional facilities of a minimum security nature, to house these people in. Somebody who has smoked a joint and drove a car doesn't deserve to be bunked up with a "cellie" who just committed 2 murders in a bank robbery. Non-violent offenders who commit these types of acts have to be jailed, but shouldn't be treated the same as hardened/violent criminals.

///end rant
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I concur with not putting them in hard time at jackson
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The prison system is young. And most wardens are working with other people's recruits.

Comment

• Midnight "Hack" Express, Turkish style.

All that Iraqistani foreign correspondence paid a dividend.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 29, 2014, 06:26 AM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I've smoked pot and I've drunk alcohol. Anyone who thinks that driving ability under the influence of these two is comparable is ignorant. Unless my experience is totally atypical, driving drunk is horrible, horrible, horrible. Driving under the influence of marijuana does not degrade driving performance.

Pot is unhealthy (when smoked) and not real enjoyable in my experience, but didn't affect my driving performance. Alcohol, on the other hand, represents death in a driving situation...

Comment

• Driving under the influence of marijuana does not degrade driving performance.
                  I don't know what kind of herb you smoked but if you get hold of the good stuff you'll realize you are 100% wrong

Comment

• Agree. But I would say being good and baked is WAY easier to drive than being shit canned. Neither one is desirable, but...

Comment

• Even worse is to do both

Comment

• Hard to judge off this but Wilson is thicker than expected and Chatman smaller. Height harder to parse. One thing's for sure: O'Doyle rules!

Comment

• Looks about right to me. O'Doyle 6-10, Chatman 6-7, Wilson 6-9, 6-10.

Comment

• I'm talking more about thickness. To some extent it is the way they are standing and their posture, but Wilson looks a lot broader and Chatman looks really narrow.

Comment

• Ah, yes. It could be the way Chatman's arms are. I remember watching him in the Jordan game and thinking how thick he looked through the middle.

Comment

• Stooping or something. Might carry a lot of weight in his butt. But it's really nice to see Wilson not looking too slight.

Comment

Working...
                                X