This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who leaves after this season?

Only the guy whose been injured for the last two critical games.

Comment

• oops, they did it again ...

Chokers...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow"]Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I told you so.

They have no testicles.

When your two major opponents come to your building, they should DREAD coming in there, because they KNOW you are waiting to stomp them into a mud hole.

Instead, these nancy-boys choked away both opportunities. My niece Haylei could have hit jumpers against these girly-boys.

Absolutely shameful. Not as big a fan of Beilein as I used to be. He doesn't get them prepared for big games.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think the only team that dreads playing at Crisler is Michigan.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI"]Comic Rimshot! - YouTube[/ame]
            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Well the one person I neglected to warn not to spoil it, did. Thankfully. So two straight blowouts by Sparty in Crisler. Can't get your boys up to avenge a beat-down by the instate rival on your home court? And coming off another? That's a pretty big indictment of the coaching staff. Even if they go to the Sweet 16, which is still entirely within reach, I am so sick of this finesse bullshit. No reason to expect a change any time soon, but I'd be up for one. I think what we've got to hope for in the future is that in the course of recruiting Beilein happens to pull in a few guys with some stones.
              Last edited by hack; February 6, 2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                Team should be better next season, IF healthy. Lavert was this teams best player by a good margin and he's most the critical part of the season. Is the difficult part of the schedule over? Maryland, Iowa & Purdue I know are left. This team needs another quality win unless they want their bubble to burst.
                Well the tournament certainly isn't a given, but unless they completely tank from this point, it's awfully hard to leave them out with wins against Maryland, an elite team, and Texas, which is top-20 in RPI. I'd say there are two very likely wins on the schedule left aginast Minny and N'western, and unless those are losses, they'll limp in.

I don't see how they'll be better next year. The talent level isn't the thing here. There's more than enough talent. As linesman pointed out, they play like pussies. That's the problem. I don't know why it's such a shock. They are an offense-first team with little in the way of interior talent and whose first priority on defense is not to foul. It's no surprise that this approach leads to pussification. For next year and beyond, success is most tightly correlated to having a player or two who can provide some on-the-court toughness and leadership, like Novak, Burke and Stauskas did. Each in their own way, but those players saved Beilein from the weakness of his approach.

Lost in this is that it's been forever since they really shot well from 3. When you put together a collection of great shooters and the three-point looks aren't going down over the course of a week or two, well, that's pretty pathetic. It's one level of failure to continually run out teams that can't play D or play hard, but a whole other to not even succeed at what you make a priority of succeeding at.

Comment

• They don't rebound, they always get bullied on the boards against teams with size. This team needs a Dennis Rodman lite at the four instead of yet another shooter, if your two wings and PG can shoot, you don't need a PF who can shoot too... Izzo's teams have always been terrific at rebounding and defense and his teams are a mainstay at being ranked in the top 20... He didn't always have 5-stars either or even a roster of mostly 4-stars... Ditto Bo Ryan for the Badgers...

JB overemphasizes shooting at the expense of defensive and rebounding (especially at the PF/C spots), something all great teams do very well. McGary was an excellent rebounder in college, they need him or someone like him. Donnal is an alright interior player but half the teams in the B1G have someone as good as him, he looks good mostly relative to M's other options.

I'm ready for one of JB's assistants to take over that will recruit guys like Nick Ward (Sparty '16 commit), guys who will battle for rebounds and play defense yet aren't expected to shoot from 15+ feet...

I'm of the belief that rebounding and good rebounders are tremendously underrated by most everyone. Giving up an offensive rebound guarantees the opposition an extra possession and getting an offensive rebound gives you an extra possession. Possessions are incredibly valuable.

Comment

• Beilien's recruiting of bigs is utterly appalling. As is his "all offense no defense" approach to coaching. It is criminal negligence.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; February 6, 2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• WM I don't think you have to have an old-school PF to rebound well. Plenty of teams play a shooter at 4 and don't get punked like this on the regular. But I fully agree otherwise. The shooting 4 isn't what's unique about Beilein's system, but IMO what is is the extent to which he sells out rebounding and defense for offense. I think it's terrible that he complains about the lack of physicality when they get bullied, since he's the one telling them not to foul. Asking kids to strike that balance between not fouling and still playing physical is the opposite of that coaching maxim ``keep it simple, stupid''.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        Who leaves after this season?

Only the guy whose been injured for the last two critical games.
                        Who cares? Everyone who is staying is pretty much at their ceiling or has no business being there anyway. Chatman is Willie Mitchell 2.0 and Wilson is a shining monument to Beilien's shitty recruiting of "bigs". Duncan Robinson was DIII for a reason. Dawkins and Doyle have made zero progress whatsoever. Wagner is the only guy who perhaps has some upside.

They'll be .500 in the B1G next year again at best.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; February 6, 2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• The only man in the state of Michigan who underrates rebounding is our coach.

Comment

• JB wants both his PF & C to be shooters, at the expense of rebounding and defense. When those shots aren't falling, you don't have defense and rebounding and bail you out like the great coaches do.

Comment

• Is 14-4 still on the table?
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I didn't get to see the game, it sounded like a great game.

Comment

Working...
                                X